FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

phtots- how is album inormation rest/set + playlist

<<

PackElend

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:04 pm

phtots- how is album inormation rest/set + playlist

I installed Serviio in order to watch my photos on my TV. I've just noticed that if offers Album and Playlist as presentation option.
I don't understand where Serviio get's the album information from and how I can influence that.

In addition I would like to know how can I set up photo playlists. Windows media player doesn't recognize the photos although I can find them in in the explorer Dieser PC\Serviio (DS211)\Image\Albums\...
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:44 am

Re: photos- how is album information rest/set + playlist

Video metadata comes from Internet databases, but according to the Serviio web site it isn't used for music. Therefore, all metadata must be contained within the file itself. If you are using MP3 files, they can be edited fairly easily with a number of freeware applications found on the Internet. For photos, I have no idea where such info comes from, but many photo types contain the same type of information as audio files, so it could come from that.

For creating video and audio playlists, the easiest to use application I have found is Playlist Creator (http://www.oddgravity.de/app-opc.php). You just load the list with the files you want in your playlist (individually or by folder) in the order you want them to play, then save the file in one of your Serviio shared folder locations. I use the .PLS version and Serviio shows it in the Playlist option. I've never tried a photo playlist, but my guess is it will work as well. I'm not at home right now, so I can't look at the settings to see what supported file types are listed by default.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

PackElend

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 am

Re: phtots- how is album inormation rest/set + playlist

Playlist Creator would be an option if it supports photo tags otherwise file quantity will be to massive. It's not possible to filer purely by folder and file name.

I forgot to mention that I've already checked exif data of the photo files and files properties (via windows explorer) but couldn't find anything related.

Return to Serviio Support & Help