FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Seriio , Kodi , list order

<<

the_hamburger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:45 am

Seriio , Kodi , list order

HI,

I have happily been using Serviio for many years , initially with various incarnations of WDTV as my DLNA client. All things were good until file formats progressed and the WDTV didn't.

A while ago I decided to try out an Android set top box (N95x 6.0)to replace the WDTV. Using Kodi (16-17.xx) as the client It works very well for playback and has some additional features such as auto search and download of subtitles and better volume control.

My only problem (apart from a severe lack of technical knowledge!) is that no matter what changes I make to Kodi I cannot get the content lists based on dates e.g. latest added to display in chronological order. I have changed the options in Kodi ,date added , year , alphabetically etc. but the date added never.

My current work around is to check what was last added with my WDTV check if the file can play and when it cannot change over to the Kodi box.

I am pretty sure that this is a setting/option in Kodi that I am missing but I have used up all my google search tokens trying to work this out and I figured somebody here must have gone through the same thing.

TIA

Cheers

Burger
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:47 am

Re: Seriio , Kodi , list order

I'm unfamiliar with Kodi, so this may not help. Under the presentation tab of the Serviio console, there is a Last Added group. If Kodi allows you to view these different groups (Titles, Last Added, Actor, etc.), that should show the last added with the latest added first in the list.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

the_hamburger

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Re: Seriio , Kodi , list order

Sorry for slow reply.

Yes I can see all those different groups.

I do believe that this is a Kodi issue. I have noticed that the Lists that don't order correctly do not have a Default order option in the Kodi sorting tabs.

I'm only asking here because I'm sure another Serviio user must have had the same problem.

Thanks!

Return to Serviio Support & Help