FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio 1.9 (Windows) Console WILL NOT start!?

<<

Davidpriddy

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 am

Serviio 1.9 (Windows) Console WILL NOT start!?

Hey everyone,

I just downloaded and installed 1.9 for Windows, after the installation was completed I expected the console to open, nothing happened. I checked the startup programs under task manager and there is nothing there for Serviio. I checked the services for Serviio, it was not started so I attempted to start it and got an error message (I don't recall what the message was and can't recreate it now.) I then tried opening the console manually from start, programs, Serviio, Serviio Console, a Serviio window opens with the following text: "NOT FOUND The server has not found anything matching the request URI"

I also get this same message when trying to access the server via a web page, etc...not sure what is going on here. I have used Sony's version of Serviio for several years now (Homestream) which was built off the Serviio platform (or something like that) and it's worked beautifully for me. Since it's no longer in production and no further updates can be had, I decided to give Serviio a try again. I have used previous versions of Serviio before and never ran into this issue before so I don't know if it's a 1.9 bug or what but I'm hoping someone here knows what the deal is because I am stumped and have no clue what is going on!

I should note that I do still have "Homestream 1.1" installed with Java 6 (it installs it automatically) and I don't recall seeing Serviio install Java, I assume because I already have it, even though it's an older version, I believe 8 is the latest if I' not mistaken but I never messed with it because it worked fine with Homestream...if it ain't broke don't fix it, right? So I just wanted to mention this in case this could be the issue (Java related that is.)

Thanks and I hope someone can reply to this soon because I really want to get this up and running!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (40.12 KiB) Viewed 3134 times
<<

Davidpriddy

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:05 am

Re: Serviio 1.9 (Windows) Console WILL NOT start!?

UPDATE: This is unbelievable! Apparently it wouldn't open because I had "Homestream" running lol, I had no idea that would cause a problem. I've had multiple media servers running before and never had issues.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:57 am

Glad you found the answer. In response to your observation about Java, Serviio installs a captive version of Java for its own use, and does not rely on whatever version you may or may not have on your computer. It works the way for Windows, and I believe Mac. For Linux, Java must still be installed independently.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:58 pm

HomeStream is just a re-branded Serviio and it uses all the same ports, etc. So yes, you won't be able to run them both at the same time.

Return to Serviio Support & Help