FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BOSD in Windows 7 with new Serviio 1.9 Update

<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:25 pm

BOSD in Windows 7 with new Serviio 1.9 Update

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Ever since I have installed the new Serviio 1.9 I receive a BOSD every time the computer restarts or shuts down.
The memory dump reads: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALS and give the file name SIITXADG.SYS
I tried to uninstall the Serviio software, however, every time I try to uninstall it the OS displays BOSD and restarts.
I like to uninstall 1.9 and reinstall 1.7, because this was the last version I didn't have any problems with.
Now my question is, how can I uninstall 1.9 without the OS displaying BOSD.

I have tried already SAFE MODE, but didn't work.

I hope someone can help me please.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:27 pm

Re: BOSD in Windows 7 with new Serviio 1.9 Update

Snorkum wrote:HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

Ever since I have installed the new Serviio 1.9 I receive a BOSD every time the computer restarts or shuts down.
The memory dump reads: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALS and give the file name SIITXADG.SYS
I tried to uninstall the Serviio software, however, every time I try to uninstall it the OS displays BOSD and restarts.
I like to uninstall 1.9 and reinstall 1.7, because this was the last version I didn't have any problems with.
Now my question is, how can I uninstall 1.9 without the OS displaying BOSD.

I have tried already SAFE MODE, but didn't work.

I hope someone can help me please.

Go back into safe mode. Go to the Services control panel. Disable the Serviio service, then reboot to normal mode. Now Serviio is not running at all. If you still get the BSOD, then Serviio didn't do it. I run Serviio on both Windows 7 and 10 without issue. Not saying you aren't having an issue, but let's see if we can isolate it.

I did a search for that sys file and came up empty. Are you certain of the spelling?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Thank you very much for replying.
1. Yes I am certain of the spelling. I have done a search also and came up empty. Matter of fact I searched just for SII*.sys files. Also empty.
2. I did do what you said, and yes, it stopped the blue screen. However, as soon as I turned it back on, the same thing happened.
3. Then I tried to uninstall, which I did from safe mode only. Wouldn't let me do it in regular OS.
4. Everything was OK, then I tried to re-install it. And now I cannot get to turn on at all. It tells me not connected, server not running.
5. Frustrating, because I have used Serviio for the last 5 - 6 years. I love this program. Everything happen ever since I updated to 1.9 from 1.7.
And I had done updates before and never had a problem. Right now I am using another DLNA software, which I don't like. But at least I can watch
some movies on my TV. However, I really would like to get Serviio up and running again because it's such a good program.
Maybe you have some more thought or things I can try. I am pretty much at the end, run out of ideas.
Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:29 am

Please upload your Serviio log here, so it can be examined for any issues. You might need to enable debug logging to get enough information, but of course that will start your BSOD issues again. But without the log I'm not sure Zip can tell you much.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:48 am

I would have to try to install it again and see. I can try doing this over the weekend.
<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:39 am

Hi:

I did what you suggested installed serviio. Yes you are correct I get the BOSD when the computer restarts.
I have attached the log file. Also, needless to say I cannot use it because it displays:
"Cannot connect to the server, it doesn't seem to be running..."
I do need some help with, please.
Attachments
serviio.log
(99.22 KiB) Downloaded 310 times
<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:56 am

Hi Dan:

OK it worked one time, added some movies now it displays same error.
I have enabled the DEBUG and attached the file. However, I cannot see any difference.

Thanks for your help
Attachments
serviio.log
(99.22 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:02 pm

I have a hunch you can't see any difference because they are the same file. Same exact time stamps for both files, and both are identical sized. Also, the posted file does not contain debug information.

Still, have to let Zip look at it now. Your particular issue is baffling me. I run Serviio with no issues on both Windows 7 and 10.
Dan

<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:27 pm

I used to run it for a couple of years. I love it. Ever since I update to 1.9 that's when the problem started. I finally fixed the BOSD problem.
But now I cannot start serviio anymore. It always give me the "Cannot Connect......." error.
I do have another DLNA running right now, just to see the movie. It sucks. However, I don't think that this is the problem why it cannot run.

Again thanks for your help.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:09 am

Great you fixed the Windows crashing problem. Now let's see why Serviio isn't running. How about a fresh copy of the log, so we can see what's happening at startup?
Dan

<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:20 am

This is crazy, I am so frustrated it's not funny. This should have been such an easy problem to solve, I thought.
Now it turns into a major problem. I thought I could try to install a previous version and my BOSD came back.
Now I have to uninstall 1.6 to get rid of the BOSD.

However, the issue occurred. "Cannot connect to server..............."
I have included the log file.

It looks like it that a lot of people have this problem, from what I read. Maybe Serviio should be looking at this.

Thanks Again
Attachments
serviio.log
(62.05 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:23 am

The log seems fine, it starts and 15 minutes later shuts down (I assume you turned Serviio off?). After that you'd be getting the message Server doesn't seem to be running. You would alos get it if http://localhost:23423 is not accessible from the server.
<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:16 pm

Hello there:

No I did not turn it off. Let's just say, I did turn it off, shouldn't I not be able to turn it back on again?
It won't even start.
So how do I solve the problem?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:23 am

You can turn on the service in Windows Services panel.

Also, you're running 1.6 which is pretty old, so support will be hard.
<<

Snorkum

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:21 pm

I tried windows service panel and it didn't work. Also the same problem occurred with 1.9.
I don't think it has anything to do with the version.
Don't misunderstand me, this is a very good DLNA server. I love it, especially my wife because
it's very easy to use and it does a great job streaming videos, etc.
But God forbid you have a problem with it. Finding a solution is incredibly hard to find, even
from people who are experts.
However, I solved my problem by reinstalling Windows from scratch. But this should not have been the same
primary solution because it can happen again.
I still don't understand why this happened, and it seems like nobody can tell why it happened. But it can happen again.

Pleas do not misunderstand me, I am very grateful; for this forum and the help I got. You guys doing a
tremendous job. It's just frustrating some times when you have a problem that seems to be easy to solve, but yet
nobody can find a solution. And yet, so many people had/have this problem.
And all this started with version upgrade 1.9.

I am running right now 1.7 and dare to upgrade to 1.9. LOL ;)

Again thank you very much for your help.

Return to Serviio Support & Help