FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

another issue with "hlsjs video file not found" in mb

<<

jrtolle

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:55 am

another issue with "hlsjs video file not found" in mb

I have followed the other topic, but the fixes have not worked for me. I am running Serviio 1.9 on Windows 2016 (and the latest zeranoe ffmpeg windows build) and it runs great inside my network. Everything works. Outside my network, using my reverse proxy (which has worked flawlessly for many versions now), everything except video works fine. Video gets the "hlsjs video file not found." Watching the DevTools in my browser, I see the m3u8 file that is pulled down, but this file specifically references my internal server name and port. How to change this? My reverse proxy (ARR/URL Rewrite on IIS) is unable to rewrite the data in the m3u8 file because it is not html (and my attempts at getting it to change non-html data have caused other parts of mediabrowser and the cds API to not work). In the console, I have my external host name correctly entered. Is there any way, or another place, this data can be set? All non-DLNA clients use my external name anyways, so a permanent change for all MB/CDS access is fine by me.

JR
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:54 pm

Re: another issue with "hlsjs video file not found" in mb

it'll be fixed in 1.9.1
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:57 pm

New ffmpeg fixed it for me and i was seeing the problem locally.

I'm using this ffmpeg:

ffmpeg version N-89369-g5a93a85fd0

Audio has never worked in mediabrowser since 1.9 came out.
<<

MikeL

Serviio lover

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:02 am

Any ETA on 1.9.1 ?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:17 am

Not ATM... it's almost ready but I'm waiting for a fix release f the HTML5 video component, and they are taking their time ;-/
<<

jrtolle

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:20 pm

jrtolle wrote:My reverse proxy (ARR/URL Rewrite on IIS) is unable to rewrite the data in the m3u8 file because it is not html (and my attempts at getting it to change non-html data have caused other parts of mediabrowser and the cds API to not work).

I have managed to get this working for mediabrowser, but for some reason, ServiiGo (my only other "external" client) still does not work, even after verifying the m3u8 file works (playing it on VLC from a Windows computer works fine, but the same link fails on VLC on my Android phone). The VLC debug logs on the phone are not very helpful, but with MediaBrowser working, that is an acceptable workaround for now. If using ARR/URL Rewreite on IIS, add the following rewrite rules to /cds and /mediabrowser. Make sure to change internal.server.name, external.domain.com, ports, and /cds/ where appropriate. Basically, it forces all content from Serviio to be not compressed at all, and checks not gzipped and not chunked content for the internal server name and rewrites it.

Code:
<rewrite>
            <rules>
                <rule name="ReverseProxyInboundRule1" enabled="true" stopProcessing="true">
                    <match url="(.*)" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="http://internal.server.name:23424/cds/{R:1}" />
                    <serverVariables>
                        <set name="HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING" value="identity" />
                    </serverVariables>
                </rule>
            </rules>
            <outboundRules>
                <rule name="ReverseProxyOutboundRule1" preCondition="ResponseIsHtml1">
                    <match filterByTags="A, Area, Base, Form, Frame, Head, IFrame, Img, Input, Link, Script" pattern="http://internal.server.name:23424/(.*)" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" value="https://external.domain.com/{R:1}" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="RewriteAllInternal" preCondition="NotEncoded" enabled="true">
                    <match filterByTags="None" pattern="http\:\/\/internal\.server\.name:23424" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" value="https://external.domain.com" />
                </rule>
                <preConditions>
                    <preCondition name="ResponseIsHtml1">
                        <add input="{RESPONSE_CONTENT_TYPE}" pattern="^text/html" />
                    </preCondition>
                    <preCondition name="NotEncoded">
                        <add input="{RESPONSE_CONTENT_ENCODING}" pattern="^gzip" negate="true" />
                        <add input="{RESPONSE_TRANSFER_ENCODING}" pattern="^chunked$" negate="true" />
                    </preCondition>
                </preConditions>
            </outboundRules>
        </rewrite>

Return to Serviio Support & Help