FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Worked fine and now stops after 10 or 15 minutes

<<

btvbill

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:24 pm

Worked fine and now stops after 10 or 15 minutes

I have a Samsung UHD Smart TV and have been using Serviio for a year or so with no problems. Yesterday, it started shutting down in the middle of videos with a notice such as "cannot play this type of file" etc. (which was an MP4 that always worked fine in the past). At first, I thought it was a Samsung issue but it's also failing when I run it through PS3 with a "Media Server Error 80710723" message on the PS3. About the only way I can get it working again is to re-boot my PC (the Internet is hard wired to the TV). Then after 20 minutes or so, it fails again no matter what file I'm watching or try to open. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using a Comcast router if that info helps any. I have attached a portion of the log file when it stopped working.
Attachments
Serviio-Log.txt
Here is the log file info at the time everything stopped
(29.05 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Last edited by btvbill on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Re: Worked fine and now stops after 10 or 15 minutes

The next time it occurs, please make a copy of the Serviio log and upload it here. If that doesn't show an issue, you might need to enable debug logging and try again.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

btvbill

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks. I have attached a copy of the log file to my post.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:53 am

Same here, I did that a month ago and no one responded, over 100 views.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24228
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:56 am

Zip is going to have to look at this, because I have no idea what the SearchIndexCommitter is or the file it's looking for that can't be found. He might request a more complete log from you, as this is only a very small portion.

I do see an odd entry: "There was an error while adding files from directory E:\MSI9ebd9.tmp". Folder names like this are usually created by an install program or Windows itself. Since it's in the root of your E: drive, that tells me you have the entire drive configured as a Serviio shared location. Because of search issues like this, as well as Serviio attempting to share files from the hidden Recycle Bin folder (which every drive has), I always create a folder at the root of the drive, and make sure that all media files are in that folder or higher. In your case, I would likely name the folder Movies_E, so that I know it's the E drive when exploring folders via my player.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

btvbill

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:13 am

Thanks Dan. I think that was the issue. I have created a folder on my E drive and moved the others into it and it seems to be working better now.

atc98092 wrote:Zip is going to have to look at this, because I have no idea what the SearchIndexCommitter is or the file it's looking for that can't be found. He might request a more complete log from you, as this is only a very small portion.

I do see an odd entry: "There was an error while adding files from directory E:\MSI9ebd9.tmp". Folder names like this are usually created by an install program or Windows itself. Since it's in the root of your E: drive, that tells me you have the entire drive configured as a Serviio shared location. Because of search issues like this, as well as Serviio attempting to share files from the hidden Recycle Bin folder (which every drive has), I always create a folder at the root of the drive, and make sure that all media files are in that folder or higher. In your case, I would likely name the folder Movies_E, so that I know it's the E drive when exploring folders via my player.

Return to Serviio Support & Help