FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue with install on Ubuntu 16.04

<<

kiteman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:15 am

Issue with install on Ubuntu 16.04

i first tried this but got stuck on the script writing. I just copied and pasted in the cmd line but it seemed to create a script and failed (hopefully that won't screw anything up on the system?)

http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=how ... all:ubuntu

After that since I am new to Ubuntu and could not figure out how to make the script thing work, I read the instructions in the read me in the serviio folder. It said:

Linux - run Serviio server with bin/serviio.sh (with -stop attribute to stop a running
instance). To start the console run bin/serviio-console.sh or open
http://localhost:23423/console in your browser.

So i just pasted the first part bin/serviio in cmd and it returned this message exception in thread thread-31 java.lang.nullpointerexception at org.serviio.mediaservershudownhook.run (mediaserver.java.378)

i don't have any clue what that means but proceeded with the 2nd part of the instructions and did bin/serviio-console.sh and it tried to open the localhost link for the console and i got a "this page can't load" error and that's where i'm stuck.

i'm new to ubuntu and linux so i am out of my element. can someone walk me through what i need to do to get this to work properly? and also hopefully confirm i didn't screw something up with the whole accidental script thing in the init folder according to the first link, lol. thanks again.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:39 pm

Re: Issue with install on Ubuntu 16.04

What's the Java version on your system? It should be 8
<<

kiteman

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Re: Issue with install on Ubuntu 16.04

Java version is 8.