FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

1.9.1 and lost Serviio system properties/profiles

<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:23 pm

1.9.1 and lost Serviio system properties/profiles

Installed 1.9.1 and all running well.

However I lost the recent tweaks for better artwork i.e. serviio.hdThumbnailResolution and serviio.socketBuffer.
I also lost a profile "Generic HD profile" that I had created (a copy of the Generic DLNA profile with Thumbnail set to "HD").
I have reinstalled them and all is well.

Is there a procedure for correctly installing new versions which overcomes this issue?
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:42 pm

Re: 1.9.1 and lost Serviio system properties/profiles

No. It'll override the vmoptions file. It should crearte a profiles.xml.bak file though, so that you can copy over the profile. You can also move this profile into user-profiles.xml which is not touched during installation.
<<

Paul C

DLNA master

Post Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 pm

Re: 1.9.1 and lost Serviio system properties/profiles

zip wrote:No. It'll override the vmoptions file. It should crearte a profiles.xml.bak file though, so that you can copy over the profile. You can also move this profile into user-profiles.xml which is not touched during installation.

Thanks. I'll back up the vmoptions file prior to future updates, and set-up my Generic HD profile in user profiles.
Serviio Pro v2.3, DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (R7.4), HP Elitebook, HP Pavilion, Windows 10 Pro, Linn Majik DS/1, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, Kazoo & BubbleUPnP apps, Qobuz Studio Hi-Res.

Return to Serviio Support & Help