FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

serviio on linux mint

<<

patatetruc

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:39 pm

serviio on linux mint

hello everyone

I have a lot of trouble but maybe4 more important ;)
1- I decide to put serviio on my computer
2- My computer turn on linux mint for only 1 week and to be honest I don't really know linux
3- I succeed to install serviio but...
4- I'm french (yes sorry)

in fact my problem is that serviio doesn't run when my computer start, I have to open it manually
and last (promise) when serviio run my folder with movie is gone.. I have to put it manually again and again

do you please have a idear to what I can do

thanks a lot for your idear :P
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:22 pm

Re: serviio on linux mint

I just happened to build a Mint box to play with a week ago, and one of the things I immediately did was install Serviio. To have Serviio start up automatically, click the menu, and under Preferences you will find Startup Applications. Open that, then click Add. Enter Serviio for the name, and in the command line enter the path to the serviio.sh file. It will vary depending on where you installed Serviio. On my box it's /opt/serviio-1.9.1/bin/serviio.sh. Then click Save. The next reboot it will start automatically. :)

Where is your media located? On a local hard drive or on a network share somewhere? Since I built my box with leftover parts, the hard drive is very small, so I'm using media on another computer. However, I cannot get a UNC path to work. It kept adding my home path in front of the UNC, which of course isn't a valid path. So instead, I mounted the remote share locations to the Mint install under the /mnt folder. I haven't had any issue using these file paths, as they appear as a local path, not something on the network.

If the path isn't being saved, I'm wondering if you have a permissions issue with your media location.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

patatetruc

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:43 pm

hello
sorry for having be so late in this answer
my first pb is now done Serviio run when the computer is on Thank a lot for you help!
but my second pb is no resolve.
My folder is on my hard drive (video) I try to put for the begining the most easy (for me.)
I tried to put permision for me on the folder but I'm not sure I done it corecly.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:11 pm

My Linux is extremely rusty, but I believe you need the permissions set to 777 to permit full access to your video folder. Most likely Serviio shouldn't need that much, but it can't hurt. I'm not at home right now, so can't check the steps to set permissions on the folder. Not sure if Mint has an easy way to do it, or if you need to do it from the command line.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:27 pm

764 is more secure.

'764' absolute code says the following:

Owner can read, write and execute
Usergroup can read and write
World can only read
<<

Deadman644

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 pm

newbie -- you talk about click on a menu to make serviio st art auto what menu?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:59 am

Deadman644 wrote:newbie -- you talk about click on a menu to make serviio st art auto what menu?

I'm going from memory, so might not have the name accurate. But in the Admin menu options there's an app that allows you to designate programs to start on boot up. Look in that menu and you should find it.
Dan

Return to Serviio Support & Help