FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Latest Version

<<

karlfk

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 am

Latest Version

Hi all

I have used Serviio on my Win 7 box for some time, works well with no issues at all, Now I want to run it on a Ubuntu Server version 14.4, I tried and earlier version a couple nights ago and it worked OK but only gave me 14 days to use it, think it was version 1.4, Now I'm thinking about buying the licence for the latest version

Question, will the latest version 1.9.1 work on Ubuntu Server 14.4, and has any one got this version going on Ubuntu Server

cheers karl
<<

karlfk

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Re: Latest Version

Hi all

Having a couple of issues, wonder if any one could fill me in to what I've done wrong

I've followed this link OK, http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=how ... buntu14-04

when running the commands

Code:
sh serviio.sh and sudo /usr/local/share/serviio/bin/serviio-console.sh

Code:
smegmedia:/usr/local/share/serviio/bin$ sh serviio.sh
Created user preferences directory.

My system or should i say the command line just hangs, thou this works, http://localhost:23423/console

why don't I see a GUI on the system when I create the launcher, I get the error lauching the application

cheers
<<

karlfk

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:07 am

Re: Latest Version

G'day

I got version 1.5.2 working on Ubuntu Server 14.4, couldn't get 1.9 to launch at all

just adding 150 files to the folder and then reboot with out starting console to see if its running OK, last time I rebooted I had to add the folders again :roll:

I've play a few shows and the video is very clean and crisp plays with no problem at all

Return to Serviio Support & Help