Post Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 am

Problem with Serviio MediaBrowser search

There appears to be three issues with Serviio MediaBrowser search under "Audio/Online Sources".

1. It is not displaying all the hits. I searched for "Jazz" and it displayed only 12 hits when there were over twenty.
I did the same with "classical" and it again showed only 12 when there were many more.
Other searches produced only ever a maximum of 12 hits.

2. There is a problem with the matching as a seach for "classical" wrongly matched with "classic" (so I got classic blues and classic rock).

3. The search is not restricted to the section you are in i.e. if you search from within Audio/Online Sources it produces results from Albums, Tracks, etc. (that are not in Online Sources in addition to the Online Sources). These results might have been valid if the search was at a higher level.

A suitable file for testing is the Internet Radio streams see viewtopic.php?f=42&t=24378

(I have tried other categories and searches on "shared folders" for audio, images and video which seem ok and one search displayed 33 results.
I do not have any files in "Video/Online Sources" to test so that may be suspect and have a similar problem).

Added request to BitBucket - Issue #1053.

Also my BubbleUPnP app search is fine so points to Serviio MediaBrowser issue rather Serviio server issue.
Serviio 1.9.2 (PRO), DBpoweramp & Asset UPnP (registered), Acer Aspire One netbook, HP Elitebook, Windows 10 Pro, Denon DNP-730AE, NEET AirstreamPro renderer, Naim NAC72/NAP140 (x2), Celestion Ditton 25 and Spendor A5 speakers, WD TV Media Player (x2), Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BDT360, Panasonic TV, Amazon Fire 7 HDX, BubbleUPnP control app, Mezzmo Android control App, Qobuz streaming.