FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fast Forward Crashing TV's DLNA

<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:16 am

Fast Forward Crashing TV's DLNA

Hi All,

I've tried many DLNA server but finally happy with servioo,i've only one problem with it when i try to fast forward my tv exiting the DLNA and turning back to tv broadcast. My tv is Vestel Smart TV 48FD7300 (it's a Turkish brand).

My server is Dell T130 8GB RAM,Ubuntu 16.04 X64 Desktop LTS,Servioo 1.9.1, both tv and server connected to LAN through gigabit cable, entering tv's DLNA, selecting the movie and starting to play, when i try to rewind tv says "not supporting", when i try to fast forward with 2x nothing happens movie still plays as 1x and when i try to fastforward as 4x tv's DLNA shutting down and going back to tv broadcast.

I did some search and found out that some of the samsung users have the similiar problem and they fixed by changing the Profile from servioo's web interface, so i've tried Generic DLNA,XBOX360 and Windows Media Player profiles but no luck.

Also tried other DLNA servers on the same system (Gerbera,Universal Media Server), with other DLNA servers fastforwarding & rewind functions works well but with servioo my tv's DLNA crashes when i try to fast forward.

What i tried to fix this problem ;
--Format & fully re-install the server
--Update tv's firmware
--Tested MKV,AVI,MP4 formats
--Changed DLNA profile
--Transcoding is disabled
--Searched forum and & google to find a workarround
Nothing helped.

Any ideas how i can fix it ?

Please see log as attached. (I didn't see any output about FF anyway.)

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
serviio.log
(394.1 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Last edited by sheshman on Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:23 am

Re: Fast Forward Crashing TV's DLNA

Anyone ?
<<

mrmagicm

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:51 pm

I Have the same problem on an Android Sony Bravia TV, what are the developpers doing about that?

Seems nothing.... :|

The alternatives seems to be WILD MEDIA SERVER....But not as nice as serviio for interface
Other is FREEMI, very nice and so lignt!!!! But no X265 Support.

Make at least Serviio the Best DLNA SERVER, make fast forward and backward improve on many standard android TV please!
<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:16 pm

mrmagicm wrote:I Have the same problem on an Android Sony Bravia TV, what are the developpers doing about that?

Seems nothing.... :|

The alternatives seems to be WILD MEDIA SERVER....But not as nice as serviio for interface
Other is FREEMI, very nice and so lignt!!!! But no X265 Support.

Make at least Serviio the Best DLNA SERVER, make fast forward and backward improve on many standard android TV please!

You are right, it seems like developers nothing to do about it or they even not looking to forum,maybe they don't have time or anything i don't know but it's really annoying, i bought the licence for serviio and i'm happy with it's interface source management etc. i don't want to switch to another DLNA server, on the other hand not getting any help as a paid user is really annoying.
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:43 pm

Serviio has only one developer afaik.

The usual ticketing system is bitbucket.

Fast forward has been covered here many times:

fast forward doesn't work when being transcoded.

A simple search would have yielded this answer.

EDIT: some tvs can't handle fast forward over dlna which yours might be one of them.
<<

mrmagicm

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:01 pm

"fast forward doesn't work when being transcoded"

It does with other DLNA server....The thing is My TV supports X265 so in theory no need to transcode, no?

There shoul be a "switch" to put on/off to see if that changes something.....or maybe something in serviio that checks if the tv needs transcode or not for the file? I dunno those are ideas because why does it work with mezzmo for fast forwarding for same file?
<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:18 pm

freaknik wrote:Serviio has only one developer afaik.

The usual ticketing system is bitbucket.

Fast forward has been covered here many times:

fast forward doesn't work when being transcoded.

A simple search would have yielded this answer.

EDIT: some tvs can't handle fast forward over dlna which yours might be one of them.

if you have read my first post, i allready said that transcoding is disabled, even stacking is disabled, i've allready searched through google and i know ff or rw is causing bugs when transcoding is enabled. On the other hand in my first post(which you didn't read) i've allready tried gerbera and universal media server before serviio and ff and rw options works perfetcly with gerbera and ums on my tv, so i think that the source of the problem is not my tv.

I don't know how many developers works on this project and i didn't say anything bad about developers or developer, as you may read on my 3rd post(which you didn't read too) maybe he or they don't have time right now or something, also as i said i bought serviio licence even ff or rw is not working because developer or developers spend many times to create this system and they are deserving support. all we looking for is a solution or a workarround, just read, listen and understand before say something.
<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:21 pm

mrmagicm wrote:"fast forward doesn't work when being transcoded"

It does with other DLNA server....The thing is My TV supports X265 so in theory no need to transcode, no?

There shoul be a "switch" to put on/off to see if that changes something.....or maybe something in serviio that checks if the tv needs transcode or not for the file? I dunno those are ideas because why does it work with mezzmo for fast forwarding for same file?

same here,with all other DLNA servers FF and RW works perfectly on my tv, i've allready disabled transcoding option from serviio's web interface and even stacking is disabled but ff and rw is not working with serviio, maybe i'm missing in the log but in the log file there are no information about ff or rw.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:35 pm

Do you have captions burn-in enabled? This forces transcoding, even when it's disabled.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:19 am

atc98092 wrote:Do you have captions burn-in enabled? This forces transcoding, even when it's disabled.

It was enabled, after your suggestion i've disabled and tested again, now FF and RW works good but subtitles are gone, when i press the subtitles button on tv remote it shows that srt file but it doesn't show on screen.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:21 pm

OK, an SRT file should work without transcoding. But I believe there's requirements about the character encoding. If it's not UTF-8, you need to specify what it is on the Transcoding tab of the console. I don't use them, so don't know the details.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sheshman

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:28 am

atc98092 wrote:OK, an SRT file should work without transcoding. But I believe there's requirements about the character encoding. If it's not UTF-8, you need to specify what it is on the Transcoding tab of the console. I don't use them, so don't know the details.

You are right about UTF8 format,if SRT file is not formatted as UTF8 Turkish characters doesn't show properly, i've allready tried UTF8 format SRT files but no luck so far, movie plays,FF & RW works good but no subtitles,when i press the subtitles button on the remote controller it shows SRT file as loaded but doesn't show on screen, i've stopped serviio and started ums to be sure it's not from my tv and subtitles came back but with serviio i'm not able to show subtitles, probably i'm missing something but couldn't find it yet, work on progress :)

Return to Serviio Support & Help