FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to connect to the Serviio Web front via Nintendo 3DS?

<<

hanneshar

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:37 pm

How to connect to the Serviio Web front via Nintendo 3DS?

Hello,

I have stored a large number of movies for my children on our Serviio server, which they also like to watch from there. My primary intention here is that the children are not exposed to advertising on YouTube.

Now we gave our oldest children two Nintendo 3DS consoles. Within a short time, the kids found out how to connect from the Nintendo to YouTube through the integrated web browser. And now the children are (again) presented with a lot of advertising. I was hoping that I could also use this web browser from the Nintendo console to access the Serviio web interface. But unfortunately I can only use this Serviio web interface to view the directories of movies stored there - but when I click on one of these movies to view it, the Nintendo web browser does not establish a connection and the movies do not run accordingly.

Has anyone here ever successfully dealt with this problem? Is there any way to access Serviio using a Nintendo 3DS and then play media?

Greetings from Germany,

CH
<<

lagunaa

Serviio lover

Post Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 am

Re: How to connect to the Serviio Web front via Nintendo 3DS

hanneshar wrote:I was hoping that I could also use this web browser from the Nintendo console to access the Serviio web interface. But unfortunately I can only use this Serviio web interface to view the directories of movies stored there - but when I click on one of these movies to view it, the Nintendo web browser does not establish a connection and the movies do not run accordingly.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Browser_(Nintendo_3DS), the 3DS Internet Browser does not support video and music files:
The browser supports HTML, CSS, JavaScript and some HTML5 elements but does not support Flash, video and music files.[4]

Cheers.
<<

hanneshar

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am

Thank you for your answer. That sounds like a sufficient explanation for my misery...

However, my daughter is able to watch YouTube videos with the Nintendo 3DS browser. Maybe they built a strange YouTube plugin?

Greetings,

Hannes
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:55 pm

pretty sure youtubes embedded video is html5 which it says is ok.

Return to Serviio Support & Help