FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio takes too long to present the mp3 folders

<<

hanneshar

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:54 pm

Serviio takes too long to present the mp3 folders

Hello,

I have another problem with Serviio. I have stored a lot of MP3 songs on the Serviio server (exactly: 68,729 songs). Here I structured my MP3 archive according to directories. For example:

- baroque
---- Germany
------- Bach
---------- Concerts
------------- Violin concertos
----------------- Violin concertos - Karajan
----------------- Violin concertos - Gardiner
----------------- Violin concertos - Richter

Now I have several audio players in our house, which access Serviio via the DLNA protocol. These audio players first see this directory level:

imagery
music
video

When I now click on the directories Images and Video from the audio players, I always get the next directory level - of course, without the corresponding contents being playable. But when I go to the Music directory, it takes quite a while until Serviio presents the first directory level.

Basically this should not be a problem. Unfortunately, my Noxon2audio audio player from Teratec just terminates the connection too fast, because obviously the interval to wait for a response is set too short in this device. Unfortunately I haven't found a solution yet how to get this audio player to wait longer for an answer from Serviio.

So I probably have to change something on Serviio's side. But how can I get Serviio to answer? Currently Serviio runs on an HP Z820 workstation with 12 physical cores (2x Xeon E5-2640 2.50 Ghz) with 64 GB RAM. Are there any other ways to optimize Serviio so that the response time can be reduced?

Again greetings from Germany,

CH
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Serviio takes too long to present the mp3 folders

Are the connections wired? Are your pings fast? I agree shouldn't be a problem that's why I was thinking slow network.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:45 pm

post detailed log of this occurring please.
<<

hanneshar

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:30 pm

Yes, the Serviio server and the routers in our home are connected via 1 Gb cables. The Teratec Noxon2audio device is connected to such a router but only allows 100 Mb speed.

Usually I have no problems with pings in the network. Currently I'm not at home and have only a RDP session. When I ping the fritzbox from my RDP-controlled computer I have a reply below 1 ms.

Due to the restrictions of my current RDP session I cannot activate the Serviio logging. I have to do this from at home tonight.

Greetings & thanks for your help,

Ch

Return to Serviio Support & Help