<<

dso

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:57 am

Serviio opens too many files and crashs accoding to lsof

Hi,

here is my problem:
- for mkv files everything is ok
- for avi files I see the video on my phone or TV, but after some minutes serviio crashs due to lack of memory

More details about the problem and what I did:
- I'm using serviio 1.9.1 on a raspberry Pi 3 under raspbian. I have increased the default memory from 512M to 712M after lack of memory problem detection.
- nothing special into derby.log
- nothing special into serviio.log, even with DEBUG level
- by running an lsof -p on serviio pid I can see that for mkv files serviio opens two times the file and that's all
- by running an lsof -p on serviio pid I can see that for avi files serviio opens the file a lot of times and it's continuously increasing (in 10 seconds more than 170 new "connections" to the file). Seems that those connections takes spaces which leads to the lack of memory
- serviio process and file belongs to the same OS user
- same behavior if the file is on HDD external drive or the SD card

I don't know what could be the next investigation (any other logs ?) and what I could do to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance for your help
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:41 pm

Re: Serviio opens too many files and crashs accoding to lsof

some files are streamed to various clients with a lot of byte range requests, so that could be it. not much I can do
<<

dso

Serviio newbie

Post Sun May 13, 2018 4:05 pm

Re: Serviio opens too many files and crashs accoding to lsof

Hi,

for information the problem has finally disappeared, and now the file is only opened one time.

I suppose that it is due to some libraries used by serviio that my system has automatically updated (some apt-get commands into the crontab). Indeed initially it was working, then after some weeks I had the problem described. For investigation I tried to perform some libraries update with apt-get just in case my commands were not ok into the crontab, but the problem remained. Some days ago I have ran those apt-get commands again and now everything works correctly.

Thank you for your answer to my post

B.R.

Return to Serviio Support & Help