FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not finding all media players.

<<

zack832

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 am

Serviio not finding all media players.

Been a while since I used Serviio, prepping for my purchase of a TCL 6 Series roku tv in a few weeks and trying to avoid buying an android box to stream my ripped files. In the past my main computer was not powerful enough to handle transcoding tasks so I looked to WD and other options and just simply set up shares. Worked well for many years.

Now I'm using a quad core Linux based system, and I think it will handle things well. Problem is I have a large network, Serviio has found 10 of the media players on my system, but not the Roku. Odd. Many of the media players it found were my 4 Directv boxes as well as my Samsung Tv's - none of which I care to stream to, but even rebooting things I still cannot find the one thing I'm looking for at this point, my existing Roku box. It's older, checked the address, it's hard wired to the router through the same switch a number of other items that do show up are on, so I'm at a loss.

Ideas?
I'm using v. 1.9.1
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:41 pm

Re: Serviio not finding all media players.

Roku devices don't appear in the Serviio console until you actually start Roku Media Player and browse for media servers. Just the device itself powered up and connected to the network isn't enough. Had you done that?
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

zack832

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: Serviio not finding all media players.

No, will try later today. Thanks.

Return to Serviio Support & Help