FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Volumes no longer found on Mac

<<

Godsbusy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 pm

Volumes no longer found on Mac

Just updated, and don't know why this new version (2.1) cannot find any of my external drives where I have my media. It seems to recognize that I have video media (on the start up page it shows that there are videos, but when you go to the library and shared folders - it has errors (little error triangles beside all the paths to the media) Trying to edit to find a new path, to the volumes - leads to an endless loop, only showing the Macintosh HD, and no volumes. Any idea what the solution to this is??
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 28, 2020 10:23 pm

Re: Volumes no longer found on Mac

You are the second one today to report that. From the description, it sounds like there's a permissions issue between Serviio and your media folders. I have no experience with MacOS, so can't begin to guess where to look. With Windows, I usually suggest changing the user account the Serviio service uses, since the default user account used can't access some locations. Most likely it's something similar with the MacOS. I also seem to remember a couple of users mentioning a recent MacOS update caused issues with Serviio as well. Again because of my lack of Mac knowledge, I didn't read them too closely. Perhaps there's another thread here that might mention it.

The Wiki does have some FAQs for using the MacOS: https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=mac_install
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Godsbusy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 pm

I seemed to find a fix, I went to the System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy - Full Disc Access - and deleted Java in "full Disc Access" - updated Java and re-added it to the Full Disc Access, and it now seems to be seeing the volumes, so I'm hoping this is a fix.

I will delete the old mapping and remap and let you know if it works.

The key was you advising me that it had to do something with permissions.

Thanks
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Godsbusy wrote:I seemed to find a fix, I went to the System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Privacy - Full Disc Access - and deleted Java in "full Disc Access" - updated Java and re-added it to the Full Disc Access, and it now seems to be seeing the volumes, so I'm hoping this is a fix.

I will delete the old mapping and remap and let you know if it works.

The key was you advising me that it had to do something with permissions.

Thanks

I appreciate the update. I'll pass it along to the other user.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Godsbusy

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Yes - this seemed to have worked - everything is working as it was before the update!
<<

Tranquillado

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:15 pm

Godsbusy wrote:Yes - this seemed to have worked - everything is working as it was before the update!

I’ve searched all day for a solution why Serviio suddenly can’t see my external drives, and it turns out I accidentally deleted Java from my Full Disk Access. I did what you did and all is well.

THANK YOU!

Return to Serviio Support & Help