FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Series names and metadata extraction problems, 1.10.1

<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:19 am

Series names and metadata extraction problems, 1.10.1

First:
I get a lot of the below messages when pushing force refresh under Shared folders:

2020-03-25 11:04:07,600 WARN [MetadataExtractionCoordinator] Skipping processing metadata for an unsupported file (\\Boxplay\cifs\Video\TV-Series\Tjockare än vatten\Tjockare_än_vatten.s01e03.mp4). Message: Unknown video file type.'

What does it actually mean, in the sense "what do I do to make Serviio process the metadata"??

Second:

The following file name:
Baghdad.Central.S01E01.INTERNAL.1080p.HEVC.x265-MeGusta.mkv
gets listed under the TV show Bagpuss???

The following file name:
The Fall\The.Fall.S01E01.720p.BluRay.x264.AC3-HDWinG.mkv
gets listed under The Arsenio Hall Show...

There are a number of other, similar, cases with TV shows using online metedata that gets the Series name confused.

Please, somebody explain why this hapens, and suggest what to do about it.

Is it some problem with how searching "thetvdb" works after their latest major revamping of their site?
Is it some config issue in Serviio 1.10.1??
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
The media files are on the same machine.
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:55 pm

Re: Series names and metadata extraction problems, 1.10.1

Some added info and more confusion:

The Fall\The.Fall.S01E01.720p.BluRay.x264.AC3-HDWinG.mkv, I added the correct IMDB ID in the folder name, and rescanned metadata anf did force refresh.
A new menu entry with the correct Series name == "The Fall" was now created, however the false menu entries under "The Arsenio Hall Show" (and "The Fall Guy", as I then discovered had also been created) remain and were not removed.

If a false menu entry has been created, due to erroneous media file names, shouldn't that menu entry tree be removed when one does a rescan metadata and a force refresh, after correcting the file names????
Serviio 2.3 in a jail on TrueNAS 13 running on an HP N54L w 5*4 TB spinning rust disks.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:25 pm

n3mmr wrote:
If a false menu entry has been created, due to erroneous media file names, shouldn't that menu entry tree be removed when one does a rescan metadata and a force refresh, after correcting the file names????

While I agree that the false entry should have been removed when the file was renamed and correctly identified, you might try moving the video file out of the Serviio library location, let Serviio remove it completely from the DB, then moving it back again. Or, a similar result might be if you changed the path name of the library location (add a sub-folder and transfer your media into the folder, then move the Serviio file location to that sub-folder rather than the root location). That would force a removal of all your media from the DB and a rescan of the new location. Since the files remain on the same drive, the "move" actually happens quickly, but depending on your library size might take a little time to rescan the library.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

n3mmr

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm

atc98092 wrote:
n3mmr wrote:

While I agree that the false entry should have been removed when the file was renamed and correctly identified, you might try moving the video file out of the Serviio library location, let Serviio remove it completely from the DB, then moving it back again. Or, a similar result might be if you changed the path name of the library location (add a sub-folder and transfer your media into the folder, then move the Serviio file location to that sub-folder rather than the root location). That would force a removal of all your media from the DB and a rescan of the new location. Since the files remain on the same drive, the "move" actually happens quickly, but depending on your library size might take a little time to rescan the library.

Be that as it may, Zi has designed this software, and should be able to say what the intention is, and if tere are known problems in this area??

However, I tried this and it fails, i e I removed the media files that were responsible for the appearance of a false series entry "Bagpuss".
After refreshing and metadata rescanning, the Bagpuss entry remains.

My Serviio runs on a Windows 10 PC with limited space, and all my media files are situated on a FreeNAS 11.3 SAMBA share.
That MIGHT be relevant, I suppose.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:33 pm

One thing I found with Windows is if I use the root of the hard drive for my Serviio library location, often the Recycle Bin folder (which is hidden by default) gets scanned by Serviio and deleted files still appear. It's been so long since I changed that I had forgotten about it. Just make sure your Serviio media files are located at least one folder higher than the drive root, and don't set Serviio to the root of a drive for the shared folder location. No idea if that's your issue, but I thought it's worth throwing out.

By design, yes Serviio is supposed to remove any media that is no longer within the scanned folders. That includes simply renaming the file. It does work for me in that way.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help