FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Freezing Win7 64

<<

biggles621

Serviio newbie

Post Mon May 23, 2011 8:17 pm

Serviio Freezing Win7 64

I have Serviio 0.5.2 running on a Win 7 Home-premium 64 bit PC. It works fine streaming .VOB files to my Samsung TV.

However, it seems to be causing the whole machine to freeze at random times. Black screen. No response to mouse or keyboard (including CTRL-ALT-DEL) except that the CAPS LOCK light can be toggled on and off. The DLNA server no longer shows on the TV. Nothing. The only thing I can do is reset the PC with the reset button. It then boots fine and the DLNA server starts as normal. Another freeze will happen minutes or hours later. The only long term solution has been to uninstall Serviio which is a great shame.

Is anyone familiar with this fault? And is there a solution?

Regards
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Serviio Freezing Win7 64

Can you post your serviio.log file. It is in the log directory where you installed serviio.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

biggles621

Serviio newbie

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Log file is attached. There were two BSODs this time, one at about 1920 and the other at about 2020. I've now uninstalled Serviio again.
Attachments
serviio (2).log
Log File
(24.77 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

There is nothing I can see wrong in the log. It might be a combination of Java and CPU/OS and maybe other installed software.
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Fri May 27, 2011 10:58 pm

been away from the forum for abit so not reading post ( long story ) but this issue is a straneg one to me and at first glance i cannot guess the reason behide it not working, can you do me a few screen shots so i can have a quick look over your setup.

1. System Information page ( right click on my computer to get this page up )

2. add/remove programs pages showing what software u have installed ( its in control panel but i forget its exact name )

3. Current running processes page ( its the processes tab on task manager )

4. Current running services page ( its the services tab on task manager )

if you zip them all up into a rar/zip file and attach it here i will have a look see if i can stop anything that could cause this.

Im very much hoping for you i find something otherwise i fear it could be a more serious symtom of failing hardware (memory/cpu)..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

biggles621

Serviio newbie

Post Sat May 28, 2011 8:35 am

Thanks Phil,

I've uninstalled Serviio now and the machine is stable - it's my home server/back up PC and I'm afraid I can't afford for it to be freezing and crashing all the time (it's been completely stable with Serviio removed). I'll keep an eye out for updates to the program and try them out to see if they make a difference.

It's a real shame as I'm having to use Windows Media Player instead as my DLNA server which isn't nearly as good.

Cheers
<<

Cerberus

DLNA master

Post Sat May 28, 2011 6:46 pm

biggles621 wrote:Thanks Phil,

I've uninstalled Serviio now and the machine is stable - it's my home server/back up PC and I'm afraid I can't afford for it to be freezing and crashing all the time (it's been completely stable with Serviio removed). I'll keep an eye out for updates to the program and try them out to see if they make a difference.

It's a real shame as I'm having to use Windows Media Player instead as my DLNA server which isn't nearly as good.

Cheers

well sadly not alot i can do to help you if your unwilling to test more and im certain we could fix this issue you are experiencing, and there was no need to reinstall serviio to do anything i asked you to do. oh well i tried. :(

NOTE: i am running win7 64bit with absolutely no issues at all, so this can not be a serviio issue but a system setup issue..
Phil Bennett
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Samsung LE40C750 LCD | Samsung BD-C5900 | Sony PS3 | Windows 7 |
<<

messengerrna

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:25 pm

I have the same problem with Win7 /64. Whenever I click on a button (for example: add local) the opened pop up window shows black and the screen freeze and the monitor comes black. Few second later, an info appears at the right buttom of the screen: "Display driver AMD driver stopped responding and successfully recovered."
I tried every possible compatibility issues without any success.
But serviio works great btw. :D
<<

messengerrna

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Ok. I solve the problem by updating display driver software.
<<

messengerrna

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 pm

biggles621 wrote:I have Serviio 0.5.2 running on a Win 7 Home-premium 64 bit PC. It works fine streaming .VOB files to my Samsung TV.

However, it seems to be causing the whole machine to freeze at random times. Black screen. No response to mouse or keyboard (including CTRL-ALT-DEL) except that the CAPS LOCK light can be toggled on and off. The DLNA server no longer shows on the TV. Nothing. The only thing I can do is reset the PC with the reset button. It then boots fine and the DLNA server starts as normal. Another freeze will happen minutes or hours later. The only long term solution has been to uninstall Serviio which is a great shame.

Is anyone familiar with this fault? And is there a solution?

Regards

Did you try to update display driver ? It works for me.
<<

jhb50

DLNA master

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Interesting. I too started having random freezes 2 weeks ago. Screen goes black in the middle of something and everything locks up. Has happened 3 times now, and when I try and reboot I have to load the boot manager and tell it to reboot from my HDD.
Nothing shows in the log, so I assume I have a Windows problem but its interesting that others have been having the same problem.
<<

sideshowdad

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:33 pm

jhb50 wrote:Interesting. I too started having random freezes 2 weeks ago. Screen goes black in the middle of something and everything locks up. Has happened 3 times now, and when I try and reboot I have to load the boot manager and tell it to reboot from my HDD.
Nothing shows in the log, so I assume I have a Windows problem but its interesting that others have been having the same problem.

I am experiencing the exact same issue above. Initailly it was occuring when i tried FF X120 on my PS3 but now it can happen when just playing a movie. I have done many searches and it seems Win7 64 should work and if anything it could be out of date drivers etc. I am trying to see where updates are needed as I just installed Win764 last week. I have uninstalled Java restarted PC re-installed and restarted PC.

For your issue did you correct it? I see some people it'svideo card drivers that cause it. When it happens to me my screen is frozen no blue screen etc and I need to update my boot sequence as it gets reset.

I really love serviio and would like to get this issue resolved before i lose my mind haha...

Thanks...
<<

sideshowdad

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:37 pm

Well it's been about 4-5 days and no freezing. I can't really explain why but I did have a few Windows updates that accured.

I hope whatever it was is gone for good.

Again thanks for this great piece of software I used tversity for years and only discovered serviio because i got a Sony bravia tv.

thanks again :D ...

Return to Serviio Support & Help