FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Movie name is wrong

<<

xdzgor

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Movie name is wrong

Hi, I have installed serviio 1.9.2 on windows 10, and I can see it serves up a lot of incorrect file names. For example, I have the kids' movie "Babe" in a file called "babe.mp4", but if I browse serviio via VLC or BubbleUpnp (from an Android device) I get the filename "The Who - TV & Film Archives Vol. 2 (1967 - 1969)".
Lots of my videos get this name. Is there any way to fix this behaviour?
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Re: Movie name is wrong

If you go through

Mediabrowser > Videos > Folders

It should have the right names. Whenn metadata is wrong it messes up series and few of the other views. I think the metadata extraction depends on how its named. So

Babe.mp4

is not the same as

Babe (1995).mp4

or

Babe tt0112431.mp4

But those are just guesses on my part I have never gotten the metadata to be correct on my collection either. Not for everything.

Beavis and Butt-head are labeled as "My Father's House (1947)" which is a very strange mistitling, wrong genre, decade, one's black and white one is a cartooon, one's a movie and one's a show, it's just all wrong.

There is a way to make your own metadata but its very tedious.
<<

DenyAll

DLNA master

Post Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Movie name is wrong

There's something else happening here - I added a file "Babe.mp4" and it was detected correctly by Serviio. freaknik is correct, Serviio uses the filename (the full path actually) in conjunction with some online databases (themoviedb.org for movies, and tvdb.com for series) to try and work out what movie the file refers to.

Have a look at my post here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10626&p=70544#p70544 for how this works and some hints on using filebot to assist in renaming files to the correct schema. If all else fails you can also add the IMDB ID to the filename (ie. as freaknik stated "Babe [tt0112431].mp4").

But in this case, something else is going on. So a few things to check:

• What is the full path to the file? eg. C:\movies\babe.mp4
  • What is the setting in Serviio Console, Metatdata, under Descriptive Metadata (by default it is "Online Sources" ) ps. if you change this you will need to press Save and then "Rescan Video Metadata".
  • are there any .nfo files in the same file as the movie - shouldn't matter if the above point is set to "Online Sources" but remove it anyway for now.
  • is there any metadata stored in the movie file? Doing an ffmpeg -i (http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=file_np) on the file should reveal it
See how you go.
DenyAll
Panasonic Viera FX800A | Panasonic Viera CS610A | Sony PS4 | Sony PS3 | Panasonic DMP-BD79 | Yamaha RX-V500D | iPad | Windows 10 | Serviio 1.10.1 Pro
WinHelper | MediaInfo

Beta Tester, Moderator
Please do not PM me for support as any solution cannot be shared with others.

Return to Serviio Support & Help