FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Access control issue

<<

jimm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:40 pm

Access control issue

Hello
I am testing an eval installation of 1.9.2 Pro on win7x64. I have a number of clients, kodi on win and rPi, as well as android BubbleuPnP. There are multiple other servers on the network (and machine), emby, plex, foobar, tversity. I have content that is not for all, so the access control of Serviio is ideal in principle. It serves audio, video and photos beautifully. I have disabled transcoding. I have ONE client that has full access, an android tablet V7.0 with Bubble V 2.9.4. I use that as a control point and renderer and all is as it should be. I have assigned it full access using the console, where it shows up as BubbleUPnP Media Renderer with the correct IP address. It works until I reboot the tablet or the server hardware, when it reverts to limited access. There are other things that cause this, while typing this it lost it just sitting there. This is something of a PITA. I reassign the access level on serviio, then restart the server, then load a different library on the tablet, then back to serviio and it usually works again. Is this a function of the eval limitation? Also it might be nice to see the level of the access control displayed on the console status, rather than having to dig for it.

Jim
<<

jimm

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:33 pm

Re: Access control issue

FYI, same problem in win10.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Serviio assigns a profile, and other settings like access control, based on the IP address. If your device gets a different IP address every time it powers up, that is the cause. If you have that level of control to whatever device on your network that is assigning the IP addresses (usually your primary router), you can either add an address reservation (done with the MAC address) or extend the length of your IP address validity. Most devices allow the first thing, but not all consumer level products allow changing the IP Lease time. My DSL router does, and it's set on one day, which is common. But you can easily extend that to many more days. I don't know if there's an actual limit to the number of days, but I would suggest not more than 7 from a practical standpoint.

But I've also seen DHCP servers that won't hold the lease for more than a few hours. As long as the device is connected to the network, it keeps renewing the lease. Turn it off and the IP address is lost.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

jimm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:47 am

Thanks for your response. My network is set up using dhcp with a MAC address table for IP reservation. The IP address for the tablet was displayed through all of this and has never changed after rebooting it. Serviio never IDed it as any other IP, and when it wouldn't cooperate, the setting for access control had reverted to limited access in the Serviio console. I had saved it with no restriction selected. After leaving it alone for a couple of hours it again reverted. The android tablet doesnt power manage the bubbleupnp app so there hasnt been a power cycle and even if there were, the same IP is being used. When it has lost full access it still has functioning limited access, and turning it back on in the console will fix it. I tried a couple of other dlna severs which did not fail in this way ( but had other issues).
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:11 am

I've seen this happining when there were more that 1 renderers on the same IP address. In your case, do you have other UPnP player running on it?

A detailed log would help.
<<

jimm

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:53 pm

There is no other renderer on the tablet as far as I know, just Bubble uPnP, which has server, renderer and control point. No other device sees anything other than that, and nothing else shows up in the console. But these days even your fridge will soon have one.

I deleted the tablet from the console list, saved that, killed the service, deleted the logs, started the service, started the tablet, found it in the console and assigned full access, verified that I had it, restarted the tablet, then verified that I did not, and that the console still showed that it had. I stripped the metadata and media info from the 15MB of logs and attached same. It might be useful to provide some granularity to your logging.
Attachments
blobcleaned.txt
concatenated logs with metadata and media info stripped
(40.57 KiB) Downloaded 246 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:18 pm

Hmm..

I see

Code:
"2018-06-21 12:39:33,047"   "INFO  [RendererManager] Stored a new renderer: uuid='23bd61d3-c9fa-b39b-ffff-ffffaff1d328', name = 'BubbleUPnP Media Renderer', ipAddress='125.10.0.144', profile = '1', accessGroupId = '2'"

which would indicate your tablet advertised itself to Serviio and it assigned it the Limited access (group id 2)

What is set in your Default Access group on the Status page?

Return to Serviio Support & Help