FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just formatted Windows now vids not showing on xbox ??

<<

tymbusku

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:53 pm

Just formatted Windows now vids not showing on xbox ??

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 on my PC. I was using Serviio before streaming video and music to my Xbox360.
After installing Serviio again it found all my videos/music like usual and can be played on my Xbox without a problem but now when I download or add a new video to my folders in Windows it will not show up on my Xbox.

Ive tried to set the drive to share. Didn't work.
Ive tried to change security settings on the drive to Everyone. Also didn't work.
Ive tried refresh button and set to auto update in Serviio too.

Any reason why this is happening or suggestions to try ?

Thanks.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:19 pm

Re: Just formatted Windows now vids not showing on xbox ??

Are you videos located on a hard drive connected to the Serviio computer, or are they being accessed across the network from another device? Serviio runs under a System service account that has very few network permissions. If that's the case, let us know and we'll walk you though changing the account Serviio uses.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help