FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Update Library

<<

Ramses2

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:34 am

Update Library

Hello

For some time, I have problems with the refresh server Serviio. Indeed, I add or remove movies, but the update of the library is not done. I restart my Box, but still the same worries.

By cons, when I restart my iMac (High Sierra), the library is up to date.

An idea about my worries?

Thanks for your help
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Re: Update Library

Ramses2 wrote:Hello

For some time, I have problems with the refresh server Serviio. Indeed, I add or remove movies, but the update of the library is not done. I restart my Box, but still the same worries.

By cons, when I restart my iMac (High Sierra), the library is up to date.

An idea about my worries?

Thanks for your help

I don't know what you mean by "box". Is that your player, and if so what is it?

There is a setting in the console for each of your shared media folders labeled "Use the poller mechanism for monitoring this folder". Try enabling that to see if your library refreshes without a reboot or manual refresh.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Ramses2

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Box is my TV Box from my operator.

This settings is enable in the console.
<<

Mass8

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Same problem for me. I have deleted many video and folder, in library folder remain. Is possible force to recreate all library?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:20 pm

In my opinion, if you want a clean database update, it probably fastest to uninstall Serviio, make sure the entire directory is gone, then reinstall it. Then you are certain there's nothing left over. Depending on the amount of configuration necessary, it doesn't take much time. Of course, if you have lots of shared folder locations to add, and perhaps a bunch of online sources to add back in, that takes more time. If you do have a bunch of online entries you can export them and import them back in again.

This way you also ensure everything else program related is installed correctly as well.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Ramses2

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:46 am

atc98092 wrote:In my opinion, if you want a clean database update, it probably fastest to uninstall Serviio, make sure the entire directory is gone, then reinstall it. Then you are certain there's nothing left over. Depending on the amount of configuration necessary, it doesn't take much time. Of course, if you have lots of shared folder locations to add, and perhaps a bunch of online sources to add back in, that takes more time. If you do have a bunch of online entries you can export them and import them back in again.

This way you also ensure everything else program related is installed correctly as well.

The previous version did not have this problem. It's still embarrassing to have to uninstall servio to have a library up to date or have to reboot his mac

I also specify that I am under High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G65)
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:58 am

to be clear, you're deleting folders and they are still in the library, but empty (ie no video files inside)?
also, make sure you're not deleting the actual shared folder, but only its subfolders (eg if you share /myvideos, don't delete /myvideos from the file system. You can delete /myvideos/some_folder though. If you want to delete /myfolders, remove it from the library first).
<<

Ramses2

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:03 pm

I only delete the video files once the reading is done. When I put a video file in the directory, I very often have to reboot my Mac for new videos are displayed
<<

Mass8

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:08 am

zip wrote:to be clear, you're deleting folders and they are still in the library, but empty (ie no video files inside)?
also, make sure you're not deleting the actual shared folder, but only its subfolders (eg if you share /myvideos, don't delete /myvideos from the file system. You can delete /myvideos/some_folder though. If you want to delete /myfolders, remove it from the library first).

yes i delete the subfolders, not the shared folder.

Return to Serviio Support & Help