FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio drops connection

<<

Foques

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:45 pm

Serviio drops connection

Good day,

i'm trying to battle a rather odd thing that started happening about 2-3 weeks ago.

the setup:

Windows 10 Home, running Serviio server serving media data to Roku via 5ghz Wi-Fi; newer Linksys router.
Transcoding is disabled as I found it to be taking a lot of processing power, and freezing

The issue:

When streaming data to Roku after about 40-50 minutes of streaming, the connection drops, the message states that connection could not be established. I can restart the video almost immediately after, though, I just need to navigate to the folder again.

I would normally assume it is a network issue, but I have another device using wifi as well, serving data in the same spot of the building, and it has no issues (but it plays content straight form the drives, around the serviio).

any suggestions as to what I can look at?

thank you
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:01 am

Re: Serviio drops connection

If you are using the Roku Media Player channel for your playback, I have seen on their forums that there is a bug causing disconnects. I believe a revised version is being tested, but because of the beta group NDA agreement I can't say anything about it.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Foques

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:18 pm

Re: Serviio drops connection

well, that makes me happy!
At least now I know it isn't something I am doing wrong! :mrgreen:

Return to Serviio Support & Help