FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Totally Wrong Name of File

<<

icmil

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:20 pm

Totally Wrong Name of File

I have a Mp4 file that is named "I Can Dance" in iTunes, but when I access it through Serviio it shows up as "Cannibal Hookers" (complete with photo of cannibal hookers) with the info of the file listed as "two girls pose as hookers for a sorority initiation ....". When I run a search on my iMac there is no such file. In iTunes it is listed as "I Can Dance" with a still shot from the video in the info tab in iTunes. This is not a good thing at all. Before I turn Serviio loose on my family I need to get this fixed. Any help would be great.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 am

Re: Totally Wrong Name of File

Serviio retrieves metadata for movies from themoviedb.com. When I go there and search for "I Can Dance", your cannibals are exactly what comes up. I checked IMDB to see what I could find under that title, and what comes up has this as the story line:

I Can Dance! is a feature-length story about the power of dance to transform children's lives in American public schools.

Is that the actual title you are referring to? If so, you can try adding the IMDB number (tt2407552) to your file name. However, even with the IMDB number the title has to be contained in themoviedb to appear correctly in Serviio. And I can't find it there, so the TT number might not help. It also helps to have the accurate release year in the file name ("Star Wars (1977).mkv" as an example).

I have often come across movies I've recorded from a local station, and the name they used for the movie title is different from the actual, official title. So maybe there's a different title available for your movie. The reason you are getting the cannibals is because an alternate title to that movie is "I Will Dance on Your Grave: Cannibal Hookers", and that's the best match themoviedb has.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

icmil

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:36 am

Thank you for a response and answer. I will try renaming it, but from what you say it might not help. Thanks again.
<<

STORMTIGERS

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:45 pm

I had a similar issue with Plex when I was experimenting a while back.
It actually is the fault of the file itself.
Inside the file there is code stored which media server packages use to search for metadata.
This would have been done by the software the person used when originally encoding the movie/video.

The solution is to ask the package tomuse the filename rather than searching.
I am too new to Serviio to know if this is possible (plex kodi have on off for this) but i believe it is a global function and therefore you will miss out on the rich features metadata can present.

Those with more experience may be able to shed some light but if you google kodi displaying wrong title etc you will find discussions on this occurence and suggested resolutions.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:11 am

STORMTIGERS: at this time Serviio does not use embedded metadata like you mention, so that wouldn't be his particular issue. But you are correct that some other products do use that data, such as Windows Media Services.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help