FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Server and BubbleUPnP app on Android

<<

phnu

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 pm

Serviio Server and BubbleUPnP app on Android

Hello.

I have got a little problem with accessing media via the BubbleUPnP application on my Android. I have found a solution to it, but it happens all the time again.

The problem is as foolows. The Serviio recognises BubbleUPnP client on my Android phone and applies a default (Generic DLNA) profile to it. It can be seen in the Status section of the console, and is to be manually chnaged to the profile suitable for my TV (Sony Bravia 20110) in order to start videos properly with a phone control. The phone has a dynamically assigned IP address. While the recognised device (BubbleUPnP app) is assigned with the default profile, I get the error message (code 716) on the phone.

Any help would be great.

Paul.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Re: Serviio Server and BubbleUPnP app on Android

Sounds like you need your device to always have the same IP address. This can be done on your router, although I can't tell you the specific steps. They will vary by make and model of the router. Just look for something labeled IP reservations. You have to do it by MAC number. some routers will let you choose from a list, while others need it entered manually.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help