FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Some photos not being displayed

<<

nutthatch

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 pm

Some photos not being displayed

Hi, I am new to the board so I hope this hasn't already been asked (but I can't see it).

I have a Sony BDP-S570 and have previously been using Homestream (which had the same issue).

When trying to display photos SOME do not display the wait cursor just keeps revolving in the corner of the screen. I have lloked at the photos and there is nothing obviosly different fron those that do and those that don't; size etc. are all pretty similar. It is also consistent, in that it is always the same photos that don't display.

Thanks for you help
Richard
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Some photos not being displayed

check the exif data on the ones that dont show

there are a few fields that have to be there such as orientation.
<<

nutthatch

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:56 pm

The EXIF's are of course completely different formats, but I have checked for the obvious parameters and they all seem to be there.

The photos that display correctly had no EXIF version number shown against them (windows, properties, details); where as those that don't display had EXIF version 0221. But I have no idea how you would change one to the other, or if it is even possible.

All these photos have been processed via Photoshop Elements v12 (good and bad) and all were originally scanned from hard copy. So why they have different EXIF versions is beyond me.

I can post detailed EXIFs of two sample photos if that will help
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:03 pm

I wish I could help I don't know much about it.
<<

nutthatch

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:37 pm

Have trawled around the net I have found that this is a problem with Sony kit and not Serviio.
If anyone is interested the problem affects those photos that have been edited in Photoshop to improve the quality of the picture (those that have just been cropped are not affected).
Looks like I have to trash my BluRay player; so now I have to find a player that plays SACD but is not a Sony any ideas?
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:26 am

From sa-cd.net

Can I play SA-CDs on my HD-DVD or Blu-ray Disc player?
No HD-DVD player with SA-CD support was ever made. SA-CD-compatible Blu-ray Disc players include (the first two generations of) Sony’s PlayStation 3 and certain models from Oppo, Denon, Marantz, McIntosh, Lexicon and Cambridge Audio.

That is a very weird problem for the Sony to have.

At least you figured it out.

Return to Serviio Support & Help