FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio on mac was working fine.

<<

crosis

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:21 am

Serviio on mac was working fine.

As per my email my tv can no longer see my laptop. The tv was accessing the laptop fine for a couple of months but then I took my laptop overseas. When I returned DNLA is no longer showing my shared folder on the mac.

I had wondered if a trial period had expired and I require a pro licence?

Appreciate any help you can offer.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Re: Serviio on mac was working fine.

Nope, not an issue with Pro. But let me ask a clarifying question. Does your TV still see Serviio, but there's no media, or is Serviio itself missing? Is Serviio installed on the Mac, or on a different computer on your network?

If Serviio is on the laptop, most likely your laptop now has a different IP address than it had before your trip. If Serviio is still trying to use the old IP address, it won't appear on your network. Check the Serviio console, on the Status tab, and scroll to the bottom and check the Network Connection box. See if it's set to Auto, or hard set on a network adapter with a specific IP address. Compare that IP address to what the laptop actually has now.

If Serviio is on a different computer, check the Serviio console again, but this time look at the shared folders and see if they were assigned via a UNC IP address. Again, that IP address might have changed, and the shared folder assignments might no longer point to a valid location.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

crosis

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:48 pm

Thank you for your reply

The TV no longer sees Serviio at all. Serviio is on my mac and it says folder is shared. Nothing has changed from when it was working apart from the fact I did not connect for two weeks while away.

The change in IP sounds logical. Currently Serviio is set to auto and this was the setting previously. That said the IP does appear to be the same as before i went away, 192.168.1.77.

Will have a look at the folders but nothing obvious is standing out. There are a whole lot of IP's in the list for numbers not even on my network. Would purging these help?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:27 pm

If you could attach your Serviio log, showing startup, we can see exactly the IP address that is being bound to Serviio. Since the TV can't see Serviio, it's either the multicast being blocked by your router, or the IP address issue we've already discussed. Especially since it was working once, I am most suspicious of the IP address.

By IP addresses not on your network, I am assuming this is in the Status list of recognized devices? I don't think they hurt, but personally I would still remove them because I don't want my list cluttered up more than it is. Serviio sees almost every device on my network, so it's pretty extensive. ;)
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

freaknik

DLNA master

Post Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 pm

I know its a longshot but has the tv done any firmware update on its own since you left?

My device had a bad multicast problem for months until another update was pushed and it went away.

just my 2¢

Return to Serviio Support & Help