FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help fixing various metadata issues with TV series

<<

Sargon

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Need help fixing various metadata issues with TV series

I am trying to clean up my video library in Serviio, but there are a few minor metadata issues that I'm not sure how to resolve. I am hoping someone can help me out with one or more of these.

1) I have two Tiny Toon Adventures special episodes that are appearing under the series "The Flash Gordon Serials (1936-1940)" with both episode names appearing as "DELETE ME". The two filenames in question are:
    Tiny Toon Adventures - S00E01 - How I Spent My Vacation (1993)
    Tiny Toon Adventures - S00E02 - Spring Break (1994)
How can I get these to stop appearing under Flash Gordon?

2) I have one episode of Denver The Last Dinosaur (S01E13) that is appearing under a separate series folder that has an extra comma, "Denver, the Last Dinosaur" instead of "Denver The Last Dinosaur". I noticed that the episode was missing from the tvdb listing for this series, so I added Episode 13 to tvdb, but I don't see any changes reflecting in my library. Is there something else that needs to be done to resolve issues like this?

3) For series' with missing folder art, what do I need to add to get an image to show up for the series. One example is Hulk Hogan's Rock 'n' Wrestling. When I look on the tvdb page, there is art included, but none of it appears in my media browser. Is there a specific type of artwork files that needs to be added?

Thanks!
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:33 pm

Re: Need help fixing various metadata issues with TV series

For almost surefire resolution of mis-identified titles, use the IMDB ID number in the file name. See this page for more info: https://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=im ... ata_naming

Looking at Denver, the Last Dinosaur, IMDB also doesn't not list a 13th episode. I can't say how the backend of TheTVDB works, but perhaps since it can't find a matching title. However, when I checked TheTVDB, and then doublechecked TheTVDB, I see the episode titled "Winning!" as season 2, episode 1. The Wikipedia entry for that show shows it as S01E13. Looks like there's some descrenpency between sources. Since Serviio uses TheTVDB as the definitive source, I'd recommend naming your files to match that source.

I can't say about the folder art. If the title is matched in TheTVDB, it should download the matching artwork. Unless TheTVDB has the artwork mislabeled within the database for some reason.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

Sargon

Streaming enthusiast

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 pm

atc98092 wrote:I can't say about the folder art. If the title is matched in TheTVDB, it should download the matching artwork. Unless TheTVDB has the artwork mislabeled within the database for some reason.

What type of art does it use? Within tvdb, I see that there are different types of artwork that can be added - Background, Banner, Icon, Panel, Poster. Do you know which one is used by Serviio for folder art?
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:53 pm

Unfortunately, no I don't. Zip can certainly answer that, and perhaps one or two others here. I'm just not familiar enough with that function.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help