FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[SOLVED] Music files not displaying in Firefox

<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:24 am

[SOLVED] Music files not displaying in Firefox

This is a minimal configuration running Serviio on an old Mac. I find metadata tagging a royal pain so I don't bother with most of it except in music files. Thus, I don't use most of the Serviio browsing features other than showing folders. I only have MP3's loaded so far and everything works well on ROKU and Chrome, however Firefox doesn't display any of the MP3's. Just empty folders. Videos display fine. All software is latest versions as of today.

Any clues?
Last edited by Riversiderepeat on Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SYSTEM:
Mac High Sierra 10.13.6 on iMac

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:08 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Music files not displaying in Firefox

Something must have taken a while to propagate. All files are displaying normally today. :)
SYSTEM:

Yes it's old. Yes it's outdated. No I'm not going to upgrade. I make it work anyway, and it does.

So far... 8-)
<<

Riversiderepeat

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Oct 18, 2022 5:06 pm

Re: [SOLVED] Music files not displaying in Firefox

Actually, since then I've come to realize it had nothing to do with propagation, but instead the issue is related to Serviio's peculiar way of displaying files. Seems one HAS to set Audio/Video categories to show and that the one can't display the other file types. I had Audio and Video categories displaying and Folders inside that. Because my folder structure uses "All Media" as the parent folder and Audio and Video are inside that with appropriate file types inside them, if the Video category is chosen, then you navigate to the Audo folder, nothing displays because the Video category won't show MP3's. So obviously that needs to be considered when setting up folder structures such that an folder called Audio doesn't show up under Video category. Kind of a pain since the only way I could figure out how to do that was to create several different shared folders on the server. Seems rather cumbersome and, well, ugly, but it works and the interface makes more sense than before.
SYSTEM:

So far... 8-)

Return to Serviio Support & Help