FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Adding Files Not in Specified Folder

<<

sdigs

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:06 pm

Adding Files Not in Specified Folder

Been having some very strange issues as of late. Serviio content stopped showing up on my network, which I thought was a result from the Pro free version ending as I was using utilizing the trial, thus I purchased a license for Pro V2. Then the issue continued to occur...so I uninstalled and reinstalled and got it to work over our network. Great! Anyway, I added 1 large folder of music and it began adding files to the catalog as it should. I noticed this AM that my MacPro Server was quite loud reading from the array of drives, which was strange seeing as it typically just takes an overnight process to add my files to the catalog. Now I see that Serviio is adding files to the catalog which are not in the specified folder I chose. Has anyone experienced these issues? Thanks for your time.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:49 pm

Re: Adding Files Not in Specified Folder

When Serviio is indexing your libraries, I don't think it pays attention to the order you placed the folders in. It's simply going to do them all until it's complete. Once the indexing is complete, everything should be listed alphabetically. The exception to the alphabetical order is for things like playlist entries. Serviio will display the playlist in the order you entered the files in the list.

Of course, not all players will display them the way Serviio sends the info. For example, I use Kodi as my player on my Shield devices. Kodi will not honor the order that Serviio provides, instead ordering them by title (or some other parameter that can be specified in Kodi, such as year). This compares to my Roku devices, which display the titles in the order that Serviio provides.

As to adding files that are not in the library path, are there any links within those paths that point to another location? Since you're using the MacOS, it offers the same method to link files in different locations as is available in Linux. It could be trying to load those files.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents
<<

sdigs

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:13 pm

ATC...thanks for your feedback here. Your time is appreciated.

There are no links/symlinks/etc within the audio folder. This is the same exact folder initially added to the catalog with the trial version (that worked perfectly) and also the same exact folder that was added after upgrading to Pro V2 (which began to catalog folders outside of the one specified.)

Earlier today I uninstalled/reinstalled for a 3rd time and added the same exact audio folder and it is now working perfectly. This is simultaneously encouraging and concerning. If I see any deviations from the norm as I add new files to the catalog, force refresh, etc I will post here.
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:26 pm

Sometimes something happens during install and it simply causes problems. Glad a reinstall resolved it for you.
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help