Videos do not appear when there is no metadata online found

<<

macgile@gmail.com

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:26 am

Videos do not appear when there is no metadata online found

Hi all,

I use version 2.3 of serviio.
Videos do not appear on the TV when no metadata is found.

If the video title (file name) is not found in the online metadata search engine, the video file does not appear in the list of available videos, including in the media browser.

At first I thought it was because of the encoding, but I noticed that when renaming the file with the title of a known movie on one of the online metadata databases, he appeared.

Is there a way around this?

best regards
<<

atc98092

DLNA master

Post Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:26 pm

Re: Videos do not appear when there is no metadata online fo

Not certain why this is happening. What are the videos you have that don't have metadata? Are they home created videos? If so, I suggest placing them in a separate folder than any videos that would have metadata available. This folder has to be outside your existing Serviio Shared Folder locations. Once you've done that, add the new folder as a new Shared Folder location. In the settings for that folder, make sure the "Retrieve descriptive metadata" checkbox is NOT checked. Serviio will not attempt to find metadata for these files.

This is what I do with my test files. None of these files have online metadata, as they are simply a selection of test files with certain codecs, containers, or HDR/Dolby Vision encoding. They all appear in Serviio without any problems, and I use them often for test purposes (which is why I have them in the first place).
Dan

LG NANO85 4K TV, Samsung JU7100 4K TV, Sony BDP-S3500, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Insignia Roku TV, Roku Ultra, Premiere and Stick, Nvidia Shield, Yamaha RX-V583 AVR.
Primary server: Intel i5-6400, 16 gig ram, Windows 10 Pro, 22 TB hard drive space | Test server Windows 10 Pro, AMD Phenom II X4 965, 8 gig ram

HOWTO: Enable debug logging HOWTO: Identify media file contents

Return to Serviio Support & Help