FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

yet another problem with two routers' setup...

<<

jvm

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:25 am

yet another problem with two routers' setup...

Originally, I had serviio serving Pure Connect 200D radio from my desktop computer via my modem&router, both connections over wifi. Since the wifi access point of the modem&router did not work reliably and I could not easily replace the modem, I added old good Linksys WRT54G, running Tomato, as access point. The Linksys is wired connected to the modem in unrouted ("switch") mode, ie LAN-LAN (not WLAN), they are both in the same network (with the same 255.255.255.0 netmask) and the Linksys has DHCP turned off, using the original static DHCP of the modem (for the desktop, the radio and other devices in the network).

Everything works fine in the new setup (other wireless devices in the subnetwork as well as a reliable wifi internet connection from all the devices) except that the radio no longer sees the serviio server running at the desktop. However, serviio sees the radio (as "Sensia 200D Connect") and it is green. I tried to remove it from the list (as it could have been some leftover from the previous working setup) but serviio found it again.

I tried several things, from the most obvious ones such as turning devices off and on again or disabling firewalls at the desktop and the modem. I did not see any option to disable the firewall in Tomato, however I tried both the gateway and the router mode (which is supposed to turn it off) with no success. I am out of ideas of what could I do... any hints?
<<

jvm

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:58 am

Re: yet another problem with two routers' setup...

I finally got it working. Not sure what was the problem though, I did not change much, it might have simply been a glitch with the radio software...
Thanks to everybody for help ;)

Return to Serviio Support & Help