FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mirroring iPhone options?

<<

AaronK

Serviio lover

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Mirroring iPhone options?

Hi All,

I have two samsung series 6's woth an EOP connection. I am trying to find a solution to be able to mirror my iphone of the screen of the TV. I prefer not to use airplay and like to keep it streamlines so I don't have too many things running. I thought there might be a way via serviio?

I can find ways to stream TO iphone but not the reverse. Has anyone been able to do it effectively without airplay. Or do you run airplay side by side with serviio.

I don't want to use airplay as I got serviio as I didn't want to have to add things into a library. I like the ability of serviio to search by folder linked to my desktop.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:57 pm

Re: Mirroring iPhone options?

If you want screen mirroring, then I'm not sure. If you want stream media from your phone, there should be some DLNA controller app in the app store, I assume.
<<

AaronK

Serviio lover

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:59 pm

Re: Mirroring iPhone options?

Most options I've found in the app store work in reverse streaming TO the iphone.

There are apps to stream media that is saved on your iphone but I'm looking for mirroring specifically. I'm struggling to find anything outside of airplay for it.

The cable company have an app on the iphone where I can access my channels on my phone LIVE, so I can stream sport that's being played live.

This is the reason I'm trying to find it. I want to be able to stream the live app from iphone to TV, as my cable is connected only to one TV in the house. Not the other one I want to watch it from sometimes.

I guess I'm looking at two options then.

1. Does anything mirror iphone to TV (I thought there might be something in serviio to do it)?

2. What do people use to send their cable channels from one TV to another? (located upstairs in the same house). Everything I've used seems to not get a great signal.

That's why I thought the live mirror from iphone is the best option as the iphone app from my cable company stream in HD and the phone will be near TV, and not have the issue on going through the wall up a level.

Return to Serviio Support & Help