FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[SOLVED] av sync trouble when streaming rss feeds to samsung

<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:46 pm

[SOLVED] av sync trouble when streaming rss feeds to samsung

hey everyone, we've been having tons of fun finally getting plugins working over the last weekend. thanks to all of you developers for the thought, energy and time. we've had only a few true hiccups along the way. one such issue is that I have been struggling to get hulu streaming properly (i'm in the u.s. so that's not at the core here). i've installed and uninstalled and reinstalled rtmpdump & ffmpeg a number of times. i've installed librtmp-dev (which one other user cited as a fix) but i don't actually know where it installed. I have made some changes with my tomato usb linksys router which is wired to both our tv and pc and tried switching the transcoding options around in the serviio interface as well as the location of the transcoding file but the picture and sound of hulu streams continue to remain out of sync with occasional audio dropouts. this is also the case with some renderings of 60 minutes via the cbs.groovy plug in. my complete hardware setup is listed in the footer. i am running version 2.4 of rtmpdump & ffmpeg 0.9. thanks in advance for any help. i realize everyone on the triage / dev side are overwhelmed with support questions. i've tried to hold off on this until i exhausted all possible fixes i could think of.

one thing i have noticed when playing back a stream - i.e. right now i am watching a 60 minutes episode - is that when the audio goes out of synch, if i pause the show, it shows the time lapsed as only a matter of a few minutes passed when in reality more than 10 minutes have passed. if i then forward the stream, i m able to get the audio and video synched again and the time into the progra, is accurately reflected.

attached is a log from the latest reinstall.

(edit: march 1 title changed to reflect possibly broader issue rather than what i took to be linux specific )
Attachments
serviio.txt
(390.97 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
Last edited by moonmopus on Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
TV samsung ln52b750 | OS linux mint 12 64 bit | MOBO gigabyte x58 ud3r rev.2 |CPU i7 950 | RAM 12 gb gskill ripjaws | GPU gigabyte nvidia gtx 460| ROUTER: linksyse3000 w/ tomato
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 am

Re: streaming av sync trouble linux mint 12 - HULU

btw if anyone thinks this is a samsung related issue, please let me know. i've seen 'stuttering' come up as an issue with mkv files in these forums.
TV samsung ln52b750 | OS linux mint 12 64 bit | MOBO gigabyte x58 ud3r rev.2 |CPU i7 950 | RAM 12 gb gskill ripjaws | GPU gigabyte nvidia gtx 460| ROUTER: linksyse3000 w/ tomato
<<

jabrown0604

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:16 am

Re: online streaming av sync trouble linux to samsung

I have not had issues after I finally got librtmp-dev installed correctly with online streaming. I have had issues with .MKV files recently going out of sync on my Samsung HT-C5500, but a pause and resume sync's it right back up. Probably has more to do with my Atom Server rather than the samnsung though.
“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.”
Server-Mac Mini / OS-WHS 2011 SP1 / TV/HTS-Sharp Aquos/Samsung HT-C6600
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:05 am

jabrown0604 wrote:I have not had issues after I finally got librtmp-dev installed correctly with online streaming. I have had issues with .MKV files recently going out of sync on my Samsung HT-C5500, but a pause and resume sync's it right back up. Probably has more to do with my Atom Server rather than the samnsung though.

thanks for the reply, jabrown. can you tell me just how you installed the dev file or perhaps point me to a readme? when i install it from one of the package managers - i.e. synaptic - it gets installed, i presume, at the root level and i'm not clear on what, if any, impact that has on the librtmp folder that sits locally within the rtmpdump folder. thanks in advance.
<<

jabrown0604

Serviio lover

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:19 pm

Go to your synaptic manager and search for your installed librtmp.

If the versions are as below then you are set.
librtmp-dev 2.4+
librtmp0 2.4+

I would test ffmpeg -i "source here" in a terminal to see if your getting the handshake error before going any farther. If you are getting the handshake error below then continue on with rebuilding rtmpdump.

"HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!"

If the versions are 2.3**** then you have the wrong librtmp installed. Unfortunately librtmp is not the latest version on the ubuntu repositories. If you have 2.3 installed then you need to unistall librtmp to follow what I did on this post. After you get the correct librtmp in there, recompile your rtmpdump and everything should work, please follow the wiki for rebuilding rtmpdump after you get librtmp-dev, and librtmp0 versions 2.4+.

http://forum.serviio.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5329&start=10#p38297

specifically this
librtmp-dev is what fixed and I got it from here http://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/lib ... v/download

When I followed their instructions for adding a repository, i installed librtmp-dev and it also requested the correct librtmp0 version 2.4+. That's apparently what got it working for me. Then I followed your advice and rebuilt rtmpdump.

Side note, after this installation you should immediately remove this repository otherwise the update manager might pull updates from a location it shouldn't. That is why i am rebuilding tonight.
“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves.”
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

thanks, jabrown. it's definitely a handshake issue. the tricky part seems to be adequately resolving it. i've got matched 2.4 versions of librtmp-dev and librtmp0 installed and rtmpdump 2.4 installed as well. i just rebuilt ffmpeg after a rebuild of rtmpdump but seem to still get the error. is anyone aware of something else i should be updating? just so i understand how librtmp0 and librtmp-dev function, do i need to do anything with them after they are properly installed ?should i copy any files over to sit locally in the librtmp folder within the src folder?

this is my what i got when i input ffmpeg -i in the terminal:

ffmpeg -i "rtmpe://cp39466.edgefcs.net/ondemand?auth=daEb7aAc3dqbZagaRdYbbcSbJaya.d4aGbr-bptP6s-c0-5nLDwFtZBxs&aifp=sll02152008&slist=hulu16/390/50126390"
ffmpeg version 0.9, Copyright (c) 2000-2011 the FFmpeg developers
built on Feb 27 2012 20:37:19 with gcc 4.6.1
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab --enable-libvpx --enable-librtmp --enable-libxvid
libavutil 51. 32. 0 / 51. 32. 0
libavcodec 53. 42. 0 / 53. 42. 0
libavformat 53. 24. 0 / 53. 24. 0
libavdevice 53. 4. 0 / 53. 4. 0
libavfilter 2. 53. 0 / 2. 53. 0
libswscale 2. 1. 0 / 2. 1. 0
libpostproc 51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9
rtmp server sent error
rtmp server requested close
rtmpe://cp39466.edgefcs.net/ondemand?au ... 0/50126390: Operation not permitted

[1]+ Stopped ffmpeg -I rtmpe://cp39466.edgefcs.net/ondemand?au ... nLDwFtZBxs
[2] Done aifp=sll02152008

thanks again!
<<

jabrown0604

Serviio lover

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:08 am

"HandShake: Type mismatch: client sent 6, server answered 9"

That part is normal and your rtmp seems to be working as it should. From my experience rtmp isn't working right when you get "HandShake: Server not genuine Adobe!" directly after the first Handshake. I am at work tonight so I won't be much help tonight. Is that a Hulu feed. My experience hulu feeds are much much longer than that.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:27 am

moonmopus wrote:thanks, jabrown. it's definitely a handshake issue. the tricky part seems to be adequately resolving it. i've got matched 2.4 versions of librtmp-dev and librtmp0 installed and rtmpdump 2.4 installed as well. i just rebuilt ffmpeg after a rebuild of rtmpdump but seem to still get the error. is anyone aware of something else i should be updating? just so i understand how librtmp0 and librtmp-dev function, do i need to do anything with them after they are properly installed ?should i copy any files over to sit locally in the librtmp folder within the src folder?

No you do not have to copy anything. How are you installing rtmpdump? If you are using the serviio wiki, you need to watch cause one step will install the old version of librtmp.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:34 am

moltra wrote:
moonmopus wrote:thanks, jabrown. it's definitely a handshake issue. the tricky part seems to be adequately resolving it. i've got matched 2.4 versions of librtmp-dev and librtmp0 installed and rtmpdump 2.4 installed as well. i just rebuilt ffmpeg after a rebuild of rtmpdump but seem to still get the error. is anyone aware of something else i should be updating? just so i understand how librtmp0 and librtmp-dev function, do i need to do anything with them after they are properly installed ?should i copy any files over to sit locally in the librtmp folder within the src folder?

No you do not have to copy anything. How are you installing rtmpdump? If you are using the serviio wiki, you need to watch cause one step will install the old version of librtmp.

moltra, i've followed the serviio wiki to a t except for:

a) i've reinstalled librtmp0 and librtmp-dev immediately after uninstalling ffmpeg, etc.
b) rebuilt rmptdump prior to reinstalling everything else via the git command line on the developer site.

perhaps i'll try reinstalling rtmpdump now that all else is reinstalled.
btw, i continue to get the same stuttering and latency / sunch issues with flash streams.
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:58 am

moltra wrote:

moltra, i reinstalled rtmpdump to be certain. version 2.4 of it and librtmp are installed. afraid i still get the same playback problms with flash streams.

this is what came back when i input ffmpeg i "url" in the terminal. any thoughts?

mopus@mopus-X58A-UD3R ~ $ ffmpeg -i "rtmp://cp48590.edgefcs.net/ondemand/?auth=dbEbXbZcvcRc9cgdDakd8bLbQcacAaqcjcJ-bptS2h-h0-buy-NaxOdWmf&amp;aifp=v001&amp;slist=video/temp_hd_gallery_video/CBS_Production/949/465/&lt;break&gt;video/temp_hd_gallery_video/CBS_Production/949/465/60_full_724__634990 playpath=mp4:video/temp_hd_gallery_video/CBS_Production/949/465/60_full_724__634990: AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO"
ffmpeg version git-2012-02-29-a77c8ad Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on Feb 29 2012 19:06:07 with gcc 4.6.1
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-libfaac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libtheora --enable-libvorbis --enable-libx264 --enable-nonfree --enable-postproc --enable-version3 --enable-x11grab --enable-libvpx --enable-librtmp --enable-libxvid
libavutil 51. 41.100 / 51. 41.100
libavcodec 54. 4.100 / 54. 4.100
libavformat 54. 1.100 / 54. 1.100
libavdevice 53. 4.100 / 53. 4.100
libavfilter 2. 62.101 / 2. 62.101
libswscale 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
libswresample 0. 7.100 / 0. 7.100
libpostproc 52. 0.100 / 52. 0.100
rtmp server sent error
rtmp server requested close
rtmp://cp48590.edgefcs.net/ondemand/?au ... 24__634990 playpath=mp4:video/temp_hd_gallery_video/CBS_Production/949/465/60_full_724__634990: AVC_TS_MP_SD_AC3_ISO: Operation not permitted
mopus@mopus-X58A-UD3R ~ $
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 am

Re: online streaming av sync trouble linux / mac to samsung

ok...
i installed serviio to my macbookpro and, low and behold, same issue! this raises the question for me as to whether this is

a) a router settings issue
b) samsung tv
c) the use of an ssd drive (both machines share this in common).

in general, the picture quality of streaming video is better coming from the macbook which is less powerful - 2.4 ghz core 2 duo with 4 ghz of 1067 ddr3 ram- AND wireless. i've only added crackle and hulu to the macbook. crackle plays effortlessly. there's a reason mac users have more fun. hulu has the same issues with the time stuck at 0.

i hope this is useful for someone. if anyone has insights about hardware configuration, i'd appreciate it.
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:14 pm

here are some more things i tried in the hopes that i might see some remedy to the stuttering / sync problems that occur with certain streaming feeds. this does not seem to be limited to linux.

1. changed hard drive settings from ahci to ide in my desktop os bios. no change.
2. changed network information of the samsung tv to a manually entered static ip address from 'auto'. no change.
3. changed router settings such as unticking QoS and upnp in tomato usb. no change.
4. cycled the cable modem and router again. no change

what i have seen repeated across two systems - my main linux desktop and mac laptop -is that rss streams linked to cbs, you tube and especially hulu, when played, stay at 00:00:00 when being played even if they are several minutes in. they do not always fall out of synch in identical spots but with the exception of most of my you tube feeds they all do go out of sync. by contrast, crackle, vimeo and blip share none of these problems and the tv shows time passing as it should.

if this is not a handshake error, is it related to how flash is now being implemented by some content providers? Or am I missing some obvious 'local' issue relative to hardware configuration? Or are there known issues in this version of serviio?

i love the serviio project but at this point i guess i may have to throw in the towel with streaming all rss feeds. thanks again to jabrown and moltra for their input. i'd love to hear from some of the other bright minds invested in seeing serviio work.

:)
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:37 pm

moonmopus wrote:here are some more things i tried in the hopes that i might see some remedy to the stuttering / sync problems that occur with certain streaming feeds. this does not seem to be limited to linux.

1. changed hard drive settings from ahci to ide in my desktop os bios. no change.
2. changed network information of the samsung tv to a manually entered static ip address from 'auto'. no change.
3. changed router settings such as unticking QoS and upnp in tomato usb. no change.
4. cycled the cable modem and router again. no change

what i have seen repeated across two systems - my main linux desktop and mac laptop -is that rss streams linked to cbs, you tube and especially hulu, when played, stay at 00:00:00 when being played even if they are several minutes in. they do not always fall out of synch in identical spots but with the exception of most of my you tube feeds they all do go out of sync. by contrast, crackle, vimeo and blip share none of these problems and the tv shows time passing as it should.

if this is not a handshake error, is it related to how flash is now being implemented by some content providers? Or am I missing some obvious 'local' issue relative to hardware configuration? Or are there known issues in this version of serviio?

i love the serviio project but at this point i guess i may have to throw in the towel with streaming all rss feeds. thanks again to jabrown and moltra for their input. i'd love to hear from some of the other bright minds invested in seeing serviio work.

:)

i did a clean install of mint 12 on a scorpio black hd and step by step reinstalled everything. still have the same problem. obviously it has nothing to do with the ssd drive. i'll keep posting my efforts. hopefully this info is useful to someone and these posts aren't in vain.

at this point, i think there must be something with the router configuration or an issue with samsung b series tvs. if there is any info that will be helpful to developers that i'm not providing, please let me know. i'd really like to see this project work, not just for our home, but for everyone. my hunch is that if one person is running into an issue someone else has or is bound to.
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Re: av sync trouble when streaming rss feeds to samsung

ok. reflashed the router with linksys stock firmware. no improvement. it doesn't seem to be the router.
<<

jabrown0604

Serviio lover

Post Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:57 pm

moonmopus wrote:ok. reflashed the router with linksys stock firmware. no improvement. it doesn't seem to be the router.

Can you test the issue on another device. It appears that it is a samsung TV correct? Do you have anything else that is around that can play dlna. PS3? XBOX? heck even a smartphone, I use a droid with the Eminent player. Just to see if the problem persists on all devices. If it does not you can stop your search and blame your TV.
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:18 pm

jabrown0604 wrote:
moonmopus wrote:ok. reflashed the router with linksys stock firmware. no improvement. it doesn't seem to be the router.

Can you test the issue on another device. It appears that it is a samsung TV correct? Do you have anything else that is around that can play dlna. PS3? XBOX? heck even a smartphone, I use a droid with the Eminent player. Just to see if the problem persists on all devices. If it does not you can stop your search and blame your TV.

streaming from my desktop to a laptop and playing on vlc handles this stuff fine as far as i can tell though even on vlc the time sits at 00:00.i'm going to assume that it's the tv . i will try my iphone as well just to be sure.
<<

moonmopus

Streaming enthusiast

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:50 pm

solved with a tweak to the profile.xml file.
see link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2485

Return to Serviio Support & Help