FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Apple TV and Serviio?

<<

BDM

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Apple TV and Serviio?

Are there any users of an Apple TV 1 or 2 that use it in combination with Serviio? If so, which profile do you use?

Thanks in advance! CHEERS!!!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?oqqhwf
Panasonic Viera TX-P54Z1 (2.403) WIRED - Profile: "Toshiba REGZA" | Play Station 3 (4.0) WIRELESS - Profile: "Playstation 3" | OSX LION (10.7.2) | Serviio (0.6.1)
<<

BDM

Streaming enthusiast

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:30 am

Apple TV and Serviio?

Anyone a suggestion? Cheers

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3ew0qv
Panasonic Viera TX-P54Z1 (2.403) WIRED - Profile: "Toshiba REGZA" | Play Station 3 (4.0) WIRELESS - Profile: "Playstation 3" | OSX LION (10.7.2) | Serviio (0.6.1)
<<

tubes

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 am

Re: Apple TV and Serviio?

I am. ATV2, XBMC. No idea what profile to use. Everything comes up unrecognized device on the status tab in the console.

win7

Installed, setup, but I have a blank library reported locally, anyway, by Windows Media Player where it shows 'other libraries'

It would certainly be handy to have the serviio console display the current library just to be able to check that.

Maybe it does, I'm poking around now. I was using TVersity successfully before, so if this doesn't work out, I'll be back with that. Just setup a new win box and am running through all the setups for new stuff.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:08 pm

WMP does and will not work because it is not DLNA compiant and has its own funny standard. Try using VLC 2.0 to confirm the contents of the library, or XBMC installed on a windows machine.

As serviio works with XBMC when installed on windows etc, i see no reason why it won't work on an Apple TV, however we may need to write a specific profile to get the most out of the hardware. A good way to test it is to add a folder with a few jpg or mp3 files as they should work with almost any device straight away. Once that is working, then start with videos. If you add a masive amount of content straight away, it can take a little while to build the database.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

tubes

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:14 am

thanks Will, I might try to check it out later, though TVersity worked straight away for me and ATV2/XBMC saw it as does WMC.

I'm not sure if there is a performance difference between the two media servers to make changing worthwhile.
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:11 am

It will depend on the hardware you have. Serviio has the concept of profiles where we can describe exactly what codecs and containers a device supports so that only the items that need transcoding are transcoded.

Tbh, i'm quite surprised no one else have used an apple tv with serviio.

Post back if you have any other problems. It might also help if you do this http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=device_sf
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

BDM

Streaming enthusiast

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Apple TV and Serviio?

Hi all, will receive my Apple TV 3 coming week. Will be testing and report my findings/ results here!

Cheers...

Return to Serviio Support & Help