FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

rss video get repeated on top

<<

abubin

Serviio lover

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:24 am

rss video get repeated on top

I have this problem with videos from revision3. I don't know how to put this in words but i try.

I have put a few rss video from revision3. Let's say I have from channel 1,2,3,4,5 from revision3. However, the FIRST video from channel 1 (or the first channel listed on top in serviio) will always show a "stuck" video. Let's say that video is from date 01/01/2012, whenever new episode is shown, I can the the title saying new episode and new topics. But when I try to play this video, it will always play this "stuck" video from 01/01/2012. However, when new episode come, this new episode will "stuck" again. The previous one that is stuck will now be second in the list. And this time it will play the correct video.

This seems to happen to rev3 only. On my online videos, I have youtube, rev3 and twit. This happen during 0.6 times. I have upgraded to 0.6.2 and it still is happening. Hope you guys understand what I am describing. Any idea how to fix this or further diagnose the problem?
<<

PMI

DLNA master

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: rss video get repeated on top

Have you tried clicking on the "Force Refresh" button in the Library Tab in Serviio Console, to try to fix that?
Peter
Beta Tester Group
Wiki | FAQ

Panasonic Viera TC-L32E3 LCD | Panasonic DMP-BDT210 | Windows 7 |
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:04 pm

how does the feed source look like? You might compare 2 revision3 feeds to see if the stuck episode is there or not.
<<

abubin

Serviio lover

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:17 pm

PMI wrote:Have you tried clicking on the "Force Refresh" button in the Library Tab in Serviio Console, to try to fix that?

Yes, I have tried "force refresh" a few times and that stuck video is still there.
<<

abubin

Serviio lover

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:22 pm

zip wrote:how does the feed source look like? You might compare 2 revision3 feeds to see if the stuck episode is there or not.

Ok, I have 10 feeds from rev3.

Top three is:
http://revision3.com/destructoid/feed/MP4-hd30
http://revision3.com/appjudgment/feed/MP4-hd30
http://revision3.com/filmstate/feed/MP4-hd30

Others are not relevant as the problem only happen to the first feed from revision3. Before this, appjudgement (second on the list) was top. It had this similar "stuck" video. So I moved it down and had destructoid on to. Now, destructoid have the stuck video. Doesn't happen to appjudgment anymore.

Confirm the episodes are all there and are correct in rev3. Cause this has been a problem since 0.6.
<<

zip

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:24 am

what exactly do you mean by stuck.... it probably happens because the 1st item has the same ID, no mater what video it actually is after refresh. Check the transcoding folder and clean it, then restart Serviio.
<<

abubin

Serviio lover

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:15 am

the "stuck", I already explained in my first tried. Sorry if I am not clear enough cause it's hard to explain. I will try your method later.
<<

abubin

Serviio lover

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 pm

zip wrote:what exactly do you mean by stuck.... it probably happens because the 1st item has the same ID, no mater what video it actually is after refresh. Check the transcoding folder and clean it, then restart Serviio.

Ok, first I tried remove all the files in transcoding folder. Problem still occur.

Next, I remove all files in transcoding folder AND restarted serviio. Now interestingly, the problem is gone. The "stuck" video now is playing the correct video. However, I am not sure if this would be permanently fixed. I think when another new video get posted, this will get stuck again. Hmm...we shall see.....
<<

zip

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:12 pm

ok, I think it might be a bug, raised a ticket https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... be-deleted

Return to Serviio Support & Help