FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio Doesn't work after Shutdown

<<

macanudo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:51 pm

Serviio Doesn't work after Shutdown

So, I setup Serviio, it worked perfectly. Amazing piece of software. I played a movie, it ran fine, in perfect quality no issues. Then I shut off my PC and went to bed. The next time I booted up, Serviio could not be seen by my TV or my iPhone (it showed up on both before).

What I've tried:

stop/start Serviio service in Windows
Bind to a specific ip address
Shut off firewall/antivirus
added exclusions for Serviio console and java runtime to the firewall (am I missing another program that should be in there?)
Checked my router, but not sure what I should be setting.

Serviio still doesn't pop up on any of my devices, but the Serviio console can see my TV and detect it just fine (green light).

I have:

PC - Windows 7 Ultimate, i5-2500k, 8gb RAM, inboard video
TV - Sony Bravia KDL-32EX300, Serviio is using the Sony Bravia TV (2010) profile
iPhone 4S with Media.connect

This actually happened before with PS3 media server, it worked when I first installed it and then never worked again. Pretty much similar issues, the server could see the devices but the devices couldn't connect and stream.

I tried Wild Media Server and it works fine after several reboots. I'm guessing this is some weird issue with java? since both ps3 media server and serviio use Java. Anyway, out of ideas, I hope somebody can help.
Attachments
serviio.log
(4.47 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Serviio Doesn't work after Shutdown

Can you post a another copy of the log, this is only a part of the log. What is the Make and model and any revisions of the router? what are the IP Addresses of all your devices?
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

macanudo

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

I thought I posted the whole log, sorry! Hopefully this is it? I turned on debugging mode.

Anyway router is a Buffalo AirStation WHR-G301N Ver.1.70 (R3.03/B1.00)

192.168.11.1 - router
192.168.11.2 - Some unknown device that Serviio console found, I'm not sure what this is, iPhone?
192.168.11.3 - My PC
192.168.11.6 - My TV (when it is on)

This is according to Serviio, I just tried to check my DHCP table (on the router) and the router doesn't show me anything, but that doesn't seem possible because I'm using the internet now. I should say that I unplug my router every time I power down, so it has been restarted as well.
Attachments
serviio.log
(43.7 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:43 pm

did you assign your PC a static IP address on your router? If it gets a diffeent one it won't work with the (old) IP you had bound it to
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 pm

you are getting an error when it is loading profiles some of the time.
  Code:
[ServiioConsole] Unexpected exception occured: 0
java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.StatusView$RenderersTableModel.addRenderer(StatusView.java:705)
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.StatusView.addRowToTable(StatusView.java:208)
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.StatusView.updateRenderersTable(StatusView.java:184)
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.StatusView.refreshRenderersTable(StatusView.java:152)
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.StatusView.initComponents(StatusView.java:127)
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.StatusView.<init>(StatusView.java:97)
   at org.serviio.ui.view.swing.ServiioFrameView.<init>(ServiioFrameView.java:68)
   at org.serviio.console.ServiioConsole.main(ServiioConsole.java:112)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
   at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

I do not see it ever finding a renderer. The IP of the computer is staying constant so far, but it is best to give the Computer and TV static IP addressess
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

macanudo

Serviio newbie

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 am

[SOLVED] Serviio Doesn't work after Shutdown

Okay, that was it. Go figure.

I manually assigned the ip addresses to the different MAC addresses for my devices in my router and that resolved everything. I can now view my pictures, video, music and everything.

Thanks a lot! I was getting so frustrated!

Return to Serviio Support & Help