FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Flac to MP3 transcodiing results in "choppy" sound

<<

steveB

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:44 pm

Re: Flac to MP3 transcodiing results in "choppy" sound

zip wrote:
steveB wrote:The competitor product uses Lame directly.

Do you know what parameters it's using?

Yes, but it's probably violating this commercial product's IP to publish it here.
If as a forum admin you can deduce my email, its best we discuss how this might be addressed offline.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

Probably a stupid question : Do you try Flac to LPCM transcoding? That can solved your "choppy" sound result, but I know that does not solved the base problem.
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

steveB

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Illico wrote:Probably a stupid question : Do you try Flac to LPCM transcoding? That can solved your "choppy" sound result, but I know that does not solved the base problem.

Not a stupid question. FLAC > LPCM works just fine. Unfortunately the target devices only support MP3 so this doesn't help.
<<

steveB

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 17, 2012 3:52 pm

[Explained] Flac to MP3 transcodiing results in "choppy" sou

To close this off, please see https://bitbucket.org/xnejp03/serviio/i ... -in-choppy.

This is nothing to do with ffmepg version, CBR vis VBR, and other explored causes. Nor is it specific to transcoding from a specific formats.

Serviio serves transcoded files as a chunked stream, as per the DLNA specification but some media renderers do not process chunked streams as they should. The problem is with some renderers which do not process chunked streams correctly. Ideally these non-compliant renderers should be fixed. Still, it would be a nice enhancement to Serviio to disable chunking on a per profile basis to work around the deficiencies in these renderers.
Previous

Return to Serviio Support & Help