FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Using a DMC with Serviio

<<

Dav0s

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:44 am

Using a DMC with Serviio

Hi,

I've tried finding an answer to this question on this (and other) forums, but can't quite seem to solve my issue.

I'm currently running Serviio (on my laptop), my library is stored on a NAS and I play videos though my Sony Bravia TV, using transcoding. I currently have to navigate to the files on my TV to play them through Serviio, which works well, but what I'm trying to do is use either my laptop, or my android phone to 'push' the content to my TV.

It seems like this should be a really easy thing to do, but I'm struggling to know what software I need to do it! From looking at other posts, it seems I need a DMC to do this, but I can't seem to find one that will use Serviio as the server, and my TV as the receiver. Firstly, is there a Windows application that can do this?

Ideally, I'd like something similar to that mentioned Here, but any Play To menu seems to want to use WMP rather than Serviio.

I had a small amount of luck with BubbleUpnP app for android, but it didn't work when the file needed transcoding (avi's for example), it only worked for file formats my TV could play (Mpeg I believe). I imagine this is more an issue for the devs of the app, but if you have any idea how to solve it then I'll be grateful for your thoughts.

Forgive me if any of this isn't clear, I'm still getting used to the realms of media servers.

Cheers
<<

will

DLNA master

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:51 am

Re: Using a DMC with Serviio

Dav0s wrote:I had a small amount of luck with BubbleUpnP app for android, but it didn't work when the file needed transcoding (avi's for example), it only worked for file formats my TV could play (Mpeg I believe). I imagine this is more an issue for the devs of the app, but if you have any idea how to solve it then I'll be grateful for your thoughts.

You will need to assign the correct profile for your TV to your phone, which you can do through the console or ServiiDroid, then it should work.
Will

ServiiDroid (Android Console) Developer: Download | Home | Support
ServiiGo (Android 3G/4G/WiFi Playback App) Developer: Download | Home | Support
<<

Dav0s

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:04 am

will wrote:You will need to assign the correct profile for your TV to your phone, which you can do through the console or ServiiDroid, then it should work.

Sorry could you give me a bit more guidance here? I've had a look through the app settings and nothing obviously jumps out as setting a profile to my phone?

EDIT: OK managed it now - I was trying to change profile in Bubbleupnp but you meant in serviio - All works now! Thanks!
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:57 am

Skifta for Android should also do the job for you.

Return to Serviio Support & Help