FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

M-SEARCH message contents

<<

cc2099

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:31 am

M-SEARCH message contents

I'm trying to create a new profile in profiles.xml but I can only guess at what to put into the <Detection><UPnPSearch> section of the profile.

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Serviio to display the contents of the M-SEARCH messages rather than just logging that an M-SEARCH message was sent?

2) Where do the settings made using serviio-console get stored? I see in the serviio.log file that one of my renderers is now using a "forced" profile rather than allowing serviio to figure out the correct profile to use.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 am

Re: M-SEARCH message contents

1) Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Serviio to display the contents of the M-SEARCH messages rather than just logging that an M-SEARCH message was sent?

No, you'd have to capture the packets.

2) Where do the settings made using serviio-console get stored? I see in the serviio.log file that one of my renderers is now using a "forced" profile rather than allowing serviio to figure out the correct profile to use.

It has it's own database. To resent the flag you can just remove the renderer via the console and it'll be added again with the detected profile.

Return to Serviio Support & Help