Serviio Stuttering - Fine on PMS

<<

WannabeMKII

Serviio newbie

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Re: Serviio Stuttering - Fine on PMS

WannabeMKII wrote:
Illico wrote:This is probably due to variable muxrate
[mpegts @ 0237ee20] muxrate VBR, pcr every 2 pkts, sdt every 200, pat/pmt every 40 pkts

Do you have the same problem with this sample ?
http://divxtrailers.divx.com/BigBuckBun ... PlusHD.mkv

OK, will try that later and let you know.

Well, just tried it with interesting results - Film looked funny though!!! :D

The first time I tried it, it was playing fine for a few minutes, then I got a "This content cannot be played. (80028801)" error. So I tried it on PMS and once the transcoding cached, it was fine, but the cache couldn't keep up and CPU was maxed out all the time. The cache then emptied and the stuttering began.

So I tried again with Serviio and after a bit of stuttering for the first 10 seconds or so, it played perfectly and CPU wasn't being used at all (other than standard processed, but not being hammered like PMS).

Does that help, or do you need me to do anything else?
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sat May 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Do you have the same message on ffmepg command line with this BigBuckBunny movie ?
[mpegts @ 0237ee20] muxrate VBR, pcr every 2 pkts, sdt every 200, pat/pmt every 40 pkts

One stuff strange, that I always have stuttering in first minute when this file is transcoded on the fly from the mkv.
But when I play the same transcoded mpegts file (*.stf), I don't have stuterring in first minute.
Its probably due to network issue (read mkv file from network storage + transcode + stream mpegts file) vs (read mpegts file from network storage + stream mpegts file).
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 pm

it's probably becoause in the meantime the file finished transcoding in Serviio and the second time it played natively from the cached transcoded file.
<<

Illico

DLNA master

Post Sun May 13, 2012 4:23 pm

zip wrote:it's probably becoause in the meantime the file finished transcoding in Serviio and the second time it played natively from the cached transcoded file.

Of course, I also think about that, but with pause and resume, I still have stutter problem. Is there something different on "buffers" between direct streaming and transcode streaming ?
Illico
Sony 2010 KDL-46EX501 | BDP-S373 | SMP-N100 | Windows 8-i7 | Network DD HD-CE1.5TLU2 | Livebox2-UHD86 | ServiiDroid | ServiiGo | BubbleUPnP
Serviio beta tester - Moderator
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Sun May 13, 2012 6:22 pm

not if I can remember :-) the only difference would be that native delivery supports byte range, transcoded does not
Previous

Return to Serviio Support & Help