FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new router, serviio doesn't connect to my Philips BD9600

<<

gianni7787

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 16, 2012 10:41 am

new router, serviio doesn't connect to my Philips BD9600

Hello,
I hope somebody can help, I am almost giving up. I've been a very happy Serviio user for a long time, until my internet provider replaced my router.

I use a Mac with Lion os.
Now, I could set up everything successfully (Pc, several smartphones, Airport Express etc) everything is connected to the to the router, included the dlna device I would like to stream to using serviio, a Bd player Philips BDP9600.
i already went through the FAQ, i tried rebooting and resetting everything countless times, I tried to bound the IP address (but with the previous Lynksys router it wasn't necessary) I also switched off the firewall. The result is always the same: the Philips BDP doesn't see the Serviio server, but only this NGRG Media Server, that I have no idea what it is, but I suspect it's some feature of the new Router.
the router is Branded Fastweb (the internet provider) and on the bottom plate it has "Argo 55+" model name, and Selex as producer i guess.
Gianni
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed May 16, 2012 11:12 am

Re: new router, serviio doesn't connect to my Philips BD9600

Can you get to the settings of the router? If so look for a upnp setting and reverse it, then restart the router and see if serviio is seen then.

My cable company sent me a new cable modem with a built in router, I disabled the wireless router that came with it and used my existing router to connect my network. I do not like using an ISP supplied modem/router. I am worried that they can monitor all my local computer usage.

You might be able to disable the router part of your modem/router, just look on the internet. I tried but what I have found so far, I have to translate and will do that today and see if I can find out how for you.

Look at this link they have done some of the detective work.

http://lab.algasystems.net/2012/01/amtec-elsagdatamag-argo-5595-take-3/
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

gianni7787

Serviio newbie

Post Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 pm

Thank you Mark,
I tried to access to the router but it seems that its firmware prevents user from accessing the configuration interface.
I tried with the router LAN IP 192.168.1.254 but it doesn't work. Do you have any idea how to access the router? I tried to connect my other router (lynksys) line in input to the Argo ethernet out but this way the lynksys doesn't connect the internet, it can't get any IP from the Argo automatically, maybe I can try to set it manually...but how?
I think the Argo has some kind of upnp capability and perhaps this NGRG media server seen by the BDP prevents it from seeing Serviio
Thank you also for the link, but I'm afraid it's too esoteric for me, I don't even know what WAN or MAN mean :)
There us something that I can do from the internet provide user page: switching the wifi off. Could that help connecting the lynksys to the Argo ethernet outlet?
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Wed May 16, 2012 5:45 pm

It might, it would allow you to use your wifi and not the wifi built in. It would not hurt to try it.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging
<<

gianni7787

Serviio newbie

Post Thu May 17, 2012 8:28 am

Nothing yet...
i called the customer care, and they said that they can forward some specific port if requested by me.
Is there any particular port used by Serviio?

Return to Serviio Support & Help