FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How to find out which files were recognized

<<

kjoussen

Serviio newbie

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:49 am

How to find out which files were recognized

Hi All.

First of all, serviio is the forth Media Server i'm trying (after Oxyl, Tversity...) and must say so far, the best one.

However, i have approx. 12.000 MP3s on my server (and yes, all folders are having the same and correct access-rights) and everything is running fine.
I also recognized, that serviio seems to have some probs with filenames with ' or the well-known fancy umlauts here in Germay (äöü...), which is not a problem for me, i can rename these files.

BUT, i still don't know whether serviio has scanned and recognized all my files, and if not, which one not.

I had a look into a huge logfile where i can see a lot of INFOS (yes, got it) and WARNS (probably no, haven't).

Is there an eay (!) and fast way to find out which files need some more attention by me?
Or can i recreate the log file with prior editing the XML-File to receive only the warnings?

Thanks in advance

Kai
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: How to find out which files were recognized

IN therms of audio it should not have any problems recognizing any supported format so I wouldn't worry. The only problem would be if the process doesn't have access rights, in which case there is currently no log entry (will be in 1.0).
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:15 am

:?: I been using Seriio for about 1 year and it used to show all my files but recently for some reason it shows the add folder but nothing in it, now it used to work before and I've tried refreshing the library a couple of times and still nothing they used to be there. I didn't change anything it the settings, I think there's a bug in the library section it's not updating the folders or files properly. I have also found that files that have played no problem before are showing "Not Supported Device" now, I didn't change anything in Serviio or my TV that I'm play these on, this has happened to me before with Serviio. What we need is an update, it's been a long time since the last one. I have also tried uninstalling Serviio and reinstalling it to see if it would fix the problem but it didn't, I think we need an update, please.

I have included screen captures of my settings which are exactly like they were when they used to work.
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:16 am

I tried to add my settings file but it didn't seem to add it.
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:31 am

Here are my settings.
Attachments
Serviio Setting Part 3.doc
(167.5 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Serviio Setting Part 2.doc
(167.5 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Serviio Setting Part 1.doc
(167.5 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:32 am

and more...
Attachments
Serviio Setting Part 6.doc
(143 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
Serviio Setting Part 5.doc
(156 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
Serviio Setting Part 4.doc
(163 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:33 am

and last...
Attachments
Serviio Setting Part 8.doc
(161.5 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Serviio Setting Part 7.doc
(161.5 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
<<

zip

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 pm

files are not playable probably because your TV IP address changed and it didn't assign the proper profile.
<<

kjoussen

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:42 pm

And what do the last posting have to do with my original questions?

They were:
- how to find out how many files were recognized (and are playable) by serviio
- how to generate a whole log file again without recreating the whole database (where i don't know how to do it either)

Thanks in advance
<<

zip

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:02 pm

try point 3 from this post: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:12 am

So your suggestion would be to remove all IPs I have on my device list in Serviio and make it detect it all over again? Now if this doesn't work I'm stumped, all this trouble started about 1 week ago and I checked and there were windows updates that week. I suspect a security update or some other update is not compatible with this version of Serviio, because my brother's software has the same problem, and this was also after the same week of windows updates. Is there a limit of how many files Serviio can catalog or list in the library? When is the next update to Serviio coming out? :?:
<<

zip

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:40 am

I said nothing about IP addresses. The link says to download Intel tools, which can help you to browse what has been added to Serviio.

I'm not sure if Windows update have anything to do with it, unless it changed access rights, etc. A new version of Serviio will not fix anything related to Windows updates.
<<

kjoussen

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:32 pm

OK, the intel tools can show me all files which were added in the db, but it is not possible to get a list in a single file.
As i have so many files in so many folders i should compare all folders on my harddrive with the corresponding list in the tool. This is not going to work.

I'm still looking for a simple solution to find out which files where added.
<<

madman10

Serviio lover

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:20 pm

So please explain why it worked well for about 4 months and all of sudden it started this problem now I haven't changed anything, and tried your intel tools and it doesn't show all the folders. It shows the exact ones I see in Serviio, but a couple of folders only show the main folder but nothing in it, this is the same in Serviio and intel tools. Why is the same problem happening with my brother's Serviio also, his was working also and decided to fail the same way as mine and we didn't change anything in his either.

Madman
<<

kjoussen

Serviio newbie

Post Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:53 pm

@Madman: don't get me wtong bur your problem has nothing to do with my questions with wich i opened this thread.

I want to please you to open a new, your "own" thread.

Back to my questins:
i took the log files and analyzed them against a:-) / file list i have in Excel.
Most of the files are fine, some had/ as extension m4a which weren't recognized but aft renaming to mp3 (format is the same, inly the extension is from apple) they are there now, too.
But the are still about 1000 files missing and there is/ no info or warn entry in the log. So i don't know which ones wiithout more or less/ manual comparison between logfile and my excel-sheet. tThere must be an easier way.....
And yes, the security settings a the syame everywher as i inherited the setings down into all folders from the top.

Kai

Return to Serviio Support & Help