FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Networked Storage only showing when loaded from .bat files!

<<

g4r3thone

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:26 pm

Networked Storage only showing when loaded from .bat files!

Hey guys,

2 Computers, One running Serviio and my local movies and another offering extra storage with more movies.

Here's my issue.. Serviio works great for local files on the machine hosting it but I'm having problems with it reading the contents of a folder from another networked computer. I've searched and followed the instructions elsewhere regarding setting up user accounts on both machines with the same names and credentials and logging in (serviio service tab) with username in question and using the correct \\HOSTCOMPUTER\FOLDER path but I'm at a loss as to why it won't work, both accounts are administrative accounts and both machines are working with my home group and are both able to connect and play files over the network manually. Interestingly If I run the Serviio .bat files manually from the Serviio folder it works and can view the contents of the networked drive. So clearly the permissions are working but only when running the bat files? Anyway that creates another issue, as soon as i reboot Serviio forgets that it scanned the folder and leaves no trace and refuses to work again unless i close it down and restart it with the bat files.

So in summary:

Won't scan networked folder unless running from .bat files.

Regards

[edit] Thought I would add.. When running it from the bat files the first time windows firewall asked permission to block/unblock Java which I allowed, this seems to be what made it work in my opinion for the bat files. In any case I disabled windows firewall just in case with no luck.
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:03 pm

Re: Networked Storage only showing when loaded from .bat fil

when you run from bat file you're running under your current user. When as a service it runs as a system account. You can change the user the service runs as or give the system account access rights.
<<

g4r3thone

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:20 pm

I figured that much but the problem is it won't login with the user account instead it reports error 1069..?

The "System" accounts on the both pc's have access and admin rights. Neither pc has a password either so shouldn't Serviio on host pc using system account be able to connect to networked pc and login as "system" ?? As it stands it clearly doesn't. And since the service wont allow me to user my local account (Error 1069) what else can I do?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:33 am

<<

g4r3thone

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:01 pm

Yes that did the trick, I'm now able to log in and it is now able to view the networked folder without problems.

Solved.

apologies for not reading the F.A.Q's properly :oops:

Return to Serviio Support & Help