Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

Serviio randomly disconnecting

Hi-I have a problem with Serviio randomly disconnecting. There is nothing I could find in the log file..which I attached. The disconnecting has been happening quite frequently lately. Previously I had been playing movies perfectly fine through my LG le5400 TV. I then thought it would be great to try Comcast's gateway and changed my wireless setup. That didn't work, so I went back to my original setup..and now I have this problem.

Here is my setup..my router is a stock Cisco/Linksys e2000 running a wireless connection to another Cisco/Linksys e2000 router with dd-wrt installed and in repeater bridge mode. That dd-wrt router has a wired connection to the LG le-5400 TV.

I have serviio 0.6.1 running through an HP server running server 2003.

This setup is the exact same as I had working perfectly before my stupid trial of the comcast gateway, so I have no idea why it keeps disconnecting now.

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT-
I did see that a Michael Jackson Cd..was throwing quite a few errors in the log file..so I deleted that thinking it might be causing Serviio problems..I'll update later once I try it out to see if that works.

EDIT 2- That wasn't it. After deleting the MJ cd..the random disconnecting continues. I have no idea what is causing it. I realize the same video (The Lorax) is the one that is disconnecting, but I haven't watched anything else since posting (the kids love the Lorax)

EDIT #3- I have narrowed the problem down to the dd-wrt router that is a repeater bridge. I don't know what setting might be causing the problem though.

EDIT #4-Once I switched the router from repeater bridge mode to client bridge mode..the disconnecting stopped. I am curious what the issue was when the router was in repeater bridge mode. I would like the router to stay in repeater bridge mode rather than client bridge mode..due to the obvious limitations of not having a wireless signal in client bridge mode.
Attachments
serviiolog.txt
(216.43 KiB) Downloaded 249 times