FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Serviio not accessible via PC but fine from laptop

<<

artywood

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:39 am

Serviio not accessible via PC but fine from laptop

Hi all
I am having some problems around seeing Serviio on my devices from my desktop. I have been using Serviio for around 6 months without any issues while connecting a smart TV & 3 Xbox’s. But recently when trying to connect to Serviio I am not able to do this as it is disappearing from view on all devices. I have installed Serviio on my laptop just to see if the problem is with Serviio settings or is it my pc. What I have now is a laptop that is connecting to my home network wirelessly using Serviio fine and all my kit can see this fine. Although my PC is hardwired into smart TV and wirelessly to Xbox’s is not present. Thus I think I have a problem on my PC but have no idea where to start looking. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Serviio to no avail so I guess I need to start checking settings on PC but don’t know where to start so any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Arty
<<

artywood

Serviio newbie

Post Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:10 pm

Re: Serviio not accessible via PC but fine from laptop

Hi
Just to note the lights next to the devices within Serviio should show green when connected but are currently red on my PC.
My PC is running windows 7 32bit also.
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:52 pm

did you try turning the firewall off on your PC?
<<

artywood

Serviio newbie

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Hi slyguy42o yes I have tried closing my firewall down but to no avail.
This is very strange as all my devices that use Serviio xbox’s, TV & Blue ray player can all connect to the internet but cannot see serviio. This is why I am thinking there is a problem on my pc hosting serviio. Is there any kind of diagnostics I can run and send to anyone who may be able to shed some light on this?
I appreciate any advice and if someone can tell me what tracing I need to do then I am more than willing to give this a try.
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:24 pm

you can test to see if the server is up and running by pointing a copy of VLC at it.

It sounds like you either have some kind of weird networking issue or the service isn't running for some reason.

Return to Serviio Support & Help