FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Duplicated Songs?

<<

elsalvador

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:14 am

Duplicated Songs?

Hi Guys,

Loving the Serviio, works really well, (mostly). Currently on 1.0.1, with webui 1.2, Ubuntu 12.04 platform.
My main issue is duplication of songs when browsing the library from a DLNA client device (Yamaha receiver, foobar2000, and others).
When browing by artist or arist/album I get all songs duplicated in the list, so it would play everything twice.
If I search by folder, they're only listed once...
(I also don't get album art, but not sure if that's my client devices)
(Had a look at the log, but logs are huge & full of video_ts complaints!)

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm

Re: Duplicated Songs?

What if you look at it via VLC, MediaBrowser or AV Media Controller (Intel tools, see my signature). Is it displayed twice also?
<<

elsalvador

Serviio newbie

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 pm

Hi Petr,

Thanks fo rthe response - much appreciated.

I've installed the Intel AV Media Controller tools, and yes it is showing each song twice.
(I just upgraded my VLC and it doesn#t show the serviio server at all...probably a red herring)

The Yamaha amp (dlna client) and foobar2000 on XP both behave the same as the Intel tool, and show the songs twice when looking at Artist or Album-Artists, but only once when looking at "Folders"
I double checked the webUI (ver 1.2, PHP) and I can't browse the media, but it definitely only has the directory once in the library list. The Presentation page under Audio shows only "artist" / Album Artists / Folders set to "Display Category"

Interestingly, I can't seem to change any of the Library contents now... Can't delete a redundant folder & can't add the new one...I thought there was a lgin page once, but maybe not...

Anyway - grateful for the help, thanks
Lee
<<

zip

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 am

Maybe the DB is somewhat corrupted. You could try to uninstall or remove the shared folders and add them again.
<<

elsalvador

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi Petr,

Always grateful for the help - thanks. And real fast too - double-thanks.
Removed the installation completely, and reinstalled (and rebooted a few times to get rid of all the temp files still there).

Good news is - looks like you were right - corrupted database might well have been the issue, as there's only 1 of each song now, thanks!
It's only just rebuilding the database now, but looks v.good so far.

Unfortunately, now I can add one location only to the Library page, and it won't save any others...
Says Saving...Saved! and looks OK until I refresh the page (or go to a different page & come back again).
Still only 1 location in the list.

Suggestions gratefully received! ;)
<<

zip

Post Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Might be a bug of the web ui. Check serviio log for any obvious errors when saving the config. Or ask in the web ui thread.

Return to Serviio Support & Help