Serviio Losing my Oppo 93 after a while

<<

kdp99

Serviio lover

Post Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Serviio Losing my Oppo 93 after a while

Hi Folks,

Any ideas on a recent oddity.

I have used Serviio for a while now on XP, and recently moved to the latest release, so initially though that might be the cause, I went back a version and it still happened so its not that, I am now back on the latest version.

I have 2 blue ray decks that I use to play media (mostly HD MKVS), a Samsung and an Oppo 93. Until recently both were fine. The problem concerns the Oppo alone.

Initially all is well, after a while (couple of days), Serviio gets the Oppo wrong, its IP address still appears in the consul, but the Servioo either thinks the Oppo is an un-recognised deviced, with the generic rendered, or another Samsung with the Samsung renderer. In the former case the Oppo will still play AVI files but not MKVS via Servioo. In the latter case if I change the rendered to generic the Oppo will then play MKVS OK, however after a while the consul loses this setting.

I have tried starting and stopping the service, re-booting and re-installing serviio without success.

I know that the basic connections are OK because I also have OSHARE as a reserve and when the problems with Serviio appear I can still play MKVs with OSHARE.

Any ideas or tests ?

Many thanks
<<

slyguy42o

DLNA master

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:10 am

Re: Serviio Losing my Oppo 93 after a while

a profile update may have created a problem for your device, did you try restoring the backed up copy of profiles.xml from the upgrade?
<<

zip

Serviio developer / Site Admin

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:44 pm

It's more likely due to changes on your network (wifi quality, router upgrade)
<<

kdp99

Serviio lover

Post Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:19 pm

zip wrote:It's more likely due to changes on your network (wifi quality, router upgrade)

Suspect you are right, its now sorted, not sure exactly what did it but I have had to re-set my router and do a few network connection repairs over the last few days.

Thanks for both replies.

Return to Serviio Support & Help