FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Connecting Serviio to an outside ip

<<

hizzoze

Serviio newbie

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 am

Connecting Serviio to an outside ip

I do apologize if this has been covered, but I searched many pages as well as on Google and could not find an answer for exactly my question. Basically, what I am trying to do is have my friend DL Serviio and connect it to my PC so he can access my media library. Is this as simple as him inserting my IP into the "bound IP address" field, or is this not actually possible? As of now, that is the only way I can see it working and we will try regardless, but I would love to get clarification on the matter. Thanks for any help.
<<

moltra

DLNA master

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:37 am

Re: Connecting Serviio to an outside ip

hizzoze wrote:I do apologize if this has been covered, but I searched many pages as well as on Google and could not find an answer for exactly my question. Basically, what I am trying to do is have my friend DL Serviio and connect it to my PC so he can access my media library. Is this as simple as him inserting my IP into the "bound IP address" field, or is this not actually possible? As of now, that is the only way I can see it working and we will try regardless, but I would love to get clarification on the matter. Thanks for any help.

Upgrade to pro and he can use the APi to access your movies via mediabrowser. See my demo mediabrowser for example.

Otherwise you would have to setup a VPN with him.
Mark
Beta Tester Group
http://www.serviidb.com Online media resource repository

Netgear EVA2000 | Samsung BD-D5300 | XBOX 360 | Windows 7 | Mint Debian 12 | Raxz Maxx
HowTo: Provide supported formats of a device HowTo: Record a new ticket on Bitbucket
HowTo: Provide details of a video file that doesn't play HowTo: Turn on detailed logging

Return to Serviio Support & Help